Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The New 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 Side-By-Side

Torrance, CA: With the addition of the all-new 2015 Pioneer 500™, Honda adds a heavy dose of fun to its line of side-by-sides. The Pioneer 500 carries two people to off-road adventures, is perfect for chores on the farm or a relaxed trail ride out in the country and it’s packed with Honda’s famous quality and durability at a suggested retail price of $8,499.

“My first drive in the Pioneer 500 was an eye-opener,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications. “It’s really fun to drive, and the paddle shifters bring a whole different kind of experience that helps make it a blast. If you’ve been thinking about a side-by-side purchase, the Pioneer 500 will definitely put a grin on your face whether you’re taking care of jobs around your property or taking off on a weekend adventure.”

Only 50 inches wide, the Pioneer 500 fits on trails that impose width restrictions, as well as in the bed of a full-size truck. A modest 73.1-inch wheelbase helps return responsive handling and a tight turning radius of only 13 feet.

More information can be found here: Honda Pioneer Forums

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
It'd probably look a lot better with some nice wheels and tires on it, and a few other nice accessories.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's nice I would just like it more if it had a box instead of the rack

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
not bashing

But serious question. How much power could this thing actually have?
I had a foreman great machine but seriously under powered.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd be concerned with potential rollovers, it looks mighty top heavy but this may be because of the fenders so high above the tires. The lack of a dump bed is a serious gap from traditional UTVs. It's a side by side, not a UTV, which is what I wanted - Honda reliability in a 50" machine that can be used for work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like reverse engineering, lol. Honda bought plans from China to build this thing. The only thing that is neat is the paddle shift. Honda should have made the Pilot again and just added 4wheel drive.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have been a die hard Honda nut my entire life. Just off the top of my head I've owned an XR 100, 200, and 400, a CR 125 and 250, ATC 185, 200, a few Big Reds, ATC250R, ATC 350x, a handful of trx 250Rs, and currently own a Rincon. They were the dominant manufacture for many years IMO, and their reliability couldn't be beat. I had friends that swore by their KTMs and Huskys, but they were also wrenching on them as much as they rode em. Most of my breakdowns were self inflicted, generally speaking everything I owned was extremely reliable (and fast)

The reliability is still there, but I wish they would get back into the game as if they had a pair and start releasing equipment that put them back on top of the world. I for one would be in line at my nearest dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts