Can-Am ATV Forum banner

hot starting problem.

7945 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  chriscol
Hey Everyone. I'm New To This SIte And Have A Few Questions. I Recently Purchased A 2012 Commander 800. This Bad Boy Will Not Start While Hot. You Can Wait A Few Mins And Let It Cool Down And It Will Start Right Up. I Put A New Starter AnD Battery In It Already. The Chargind System Is Putting Out 14.4 Like It Supposed To Also. I Was Looking Over The Motor And Can See That Someone Has Been Into It With New Jug Gaskets And Stator Cover Gasket. I Was Curious How Far They Went So I Pulled The Stator Cover And Can Tell That The Case Is Super Clean Conpared To The Rotor So That Tells Me That The Motor Was Completely Torndown And Dipped In A Vat. Is There Any Thing Else That I Should Look At Before Assuming That It Is The Rod Bearings? Maybe Tight Valves?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Does it not turn over when hot or turns over but doesn't start?
It Does Not Turn Over Until It Cools Off some
Check and clean all electrical connections to be sure your getting the full amperage to the starter. Mine did the same thing and unfortunately...rod bearings.
I checked the valves today and the back cylinder was tight on the exhaust. I also checked the timing and the front and rear cylinder were both off a tooth compared to the crank. I fixed that but I'm still not sure that it's going to fix my problem. I talked with Mrrpm today and he said that that is where he would start also. Any ideas anyone?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.