Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to redo the alignment on my 650 Outlander. It wasnt perfect last year after I went from tracks to tires and this year it is worse so now I have to adjust it.
I know how to adjust it with the turnbuckles but what I dont understand is how it could get out of whack without bending anything. I have looked extensively thinking I probably bent something as I know the tracks can be hard on the front end especially if hitting something like a log etc. But I dont see anything wrong anywhere.
Am I missing something or just go ahead, adjust and be happy?

Reactions: RHiNO71

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I would assume "something" is flexing or worn.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It doesn't take much of a bend to throw off an alignment. Chances are you won't actually see anything bent. It's the same in a car or truck. An alignment will never "go out of whack" unless something bends, even if it's very very minor. Normal driving will cause this. Stuff like potholes and just normal rough roads. Now imaging what an atv goes through. It's not uncommon at all to have to adjust the steering for minor tweaks to the suspension and/or frame. Now if your bars are like 6" off, then you should be able to find something bent lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Might have to reset your DPS? Assuming you have DPS on yours?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, after an alignment you always need to rest the dps which can only be done with BUDS from what I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yup, gotta bring it to dealer or i can do it for you since i bought the B.U.D.S tool lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just looking for the cause before I re align. I am fairly sure it is from using the tracks and running into immoveable objects while river running.
Nothing is obvious but I will spend more time looking before I worry about BUDS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts