Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 outlander 1000xt. I put on 30x10x14 sti outback max tires on sti hd4 rims. trimmed the fenders and added one inch spring spacers with the adjusters all the way tight. My tires rub the middle of the front floor boards when wheels turned and suspension compressed. My tires measure 29.5 true height with 5psi. My question is how are all these people running 29.5 outlaw2 tires with no rubbing???? I really want to keep these tires but cant live with how easy they rub.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Would they still rub if you got wheel spacers too?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here is my Outlander won 29.5 Terminators with no lift. Waiting on the Cfab 2 in lift and trailing arm stretch which I am told is all I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wheel spacer will make it worse. I've 29.5s, fox podiums cranked up and had running til i trimmed the front like the new XMR's.

·
Registered
294 Posts
even with the c-fab you will still have to trim the front fenders.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Let it rub! It'll make all the room it needs then lol seriously though trim like xmr and pipe lift

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did all trimming possible and have a pipe lift. the tires rub the middle of the floor boards. that cant be trimmed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How much pipe lift do you have?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Still going to have to trim. Hitting a bump with the tires turned you will hit the floorboard plastics no matter what. Especially with the 29.5s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If that's true then how are so many people running 29.5?? Do they just deal with it?
Mine rubs so easy it will tare up the tire or end up breaking the plastic fenders

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
More of the spring spacers on the shocks that help, but being able to stiffen the compression of the shocks would benefit from the shock compressing as easily

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Also you can use a heat gun in the center of the fender where it isn't able to be trimmed and gain another 3/4" of clearance by heating the fender and then pushing back on the fender and cooling rapidly with cold water

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have 29.5 outlaw 2 and they rub just a little also, but only turning and at compression also. I just deal with because it is not that bad. I have 1000xt 2012 with rdc spacers and xmr fender trimming.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts