Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have being reading some posts about this issue but I hav`nt been able to find any cure.

does any one knows if is any tip or some wire to cut so I can get rid of that speed limiter when the locker is on???

thanks..

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not aware of any speed limiter when the diff lock is engaged because viscolok controls the locking but is just a hydraulic assembly and is independant of any speed limiter which I'm not aware of either. In 4x4 both my renegade and my dad's outlander are 0-8000rpms wfo with no speed limiter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Survey Guy That was nice of you not to doggg the King Quad owner for being in a Can-Am forum asking questions about Suzuki's questions... Maybe we can bring him over...

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Least we forget, this was a forum for all atvs before it became mainly a Can-Am forum, from an old member.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A buddy of mine chipped his King Quad 700 and that got rid of all the safety limiters like in reverse and in diff lock. He could go as fast as he wanted in diff lock without it sputtering, but it cost him $500 and no noticable improvements in power either even though they say they are suppose to help. I raced him with my outty 650 before and after he got his chip and he was eating my dust both times

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if this is allowed...I have mine fixed. here is how to do it.

First, be aware that doing this mod defeats a safety feature. Also note, the long term effects have not been seen yet. Just so you are aware, do this at your own risk. Now, on to the mod.

To eliminate the forward rev limiter when in diff lock, you need to find the red/green wire, located at pin 15 on the ECM connector, and cut it. I would cut it far enough away from the connector that if in the future you would like to reconnect it, you have enough to do that.

Snipping the Red/Green wire at ECM pin 15 keeps the diff-lock signal from reaching the PCM. The front diff grounds this wire when diff lock engages. The ECM uses this ground signal to severely limit engine power until you hold the override button down with your left thumb. Suzuki designed the bike this way as a safety feature as the machine is harder to control in diff lock.

Here is the ECM connector

1 - 10 of 10 Posts