Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, but been looking at the outlander max for a while.
I'm 28 years old married with a 1 1/2 year old son.
I plan on doing some 2 up trail riding and snow plowing this winter if I can get one by then.

Right now I'm looking at a used 2008 800 max in camo 400 miles for $6500.
seems about right for what I seen them going for around here.

I'm just wondering if any large people have any problems riding 2 up?
combining me and the wifes weight we'll be around 500lbs or so.
I cant find any info on passanger weight, just the payload of the racks and that doesnt help much anyways. I'd really like for both of us to be able to trail ride two up if its comfortably possible and not something overly dangerous with that amount of weight.
I dont have room to store 2 atv's and would like to ride together if possible. if not, then I'd probably be better off getting a 1 up and save some money, but I hope I dont have to.
any comments would be great.
thanks,
Ryan

·
Super Moderator/Welcoming Director
10,102 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site, I ride Outlander max and i am big and about 120 kg and i drove with my bro on the passenger seat and he is heavy load hehe about 130 kg or more and my bike did handle this load pretty good.

hope this helps you. about the choice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sparky, I have had my dad and I on mine. A total of 475 lbs or so with no issues at all.... and I have a Outlander 400 max xt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One other thing, I have a 7 year old son and trust me when your little one gets older you will want a 2 up. He will sit back there and ride all day long. Only time I hear from him is when he needs to pee or if we have not found enough mud for his liking. Definitely get a 2 up. You can get second one up, when he starts riding with you and your wife.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
2 up a Max is tough to beat. An 08 is a good choice all the early bugs are worked out. GVWR for a 650 or 800 (doesn't say a Max is more in owners manual) is 1430lbs which means the weight of the bike and all the stuff you put on it, including you and your passenger should not be over this weight (I think). Don't worry about it. You just might have to set your suspension up to a little stiffer. We ride 2 up almost all the time with a trunk on and carrying stuff. The 800 will have lots of motor to do whatever you want. Trust me. heh heh heh.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
584 Posts
welcome to the site sparkynutz. the can-am two up is a very comfy machine. we have a 400xt max we like it :smilietwocents:

One other thing, I have a 7 year old son and trust me when your little one gets older you will want a 2 up. He will sit back there and ride all day long. Only time I hear from him is when he needs to pee or if we have not found enough mud for his liking. Definitely get a 2 up. You can get second one up, when he starts riding with you and your wife.
I know what you mean, we are running out of room as well on my single seat. My son (8) and I share the driving, well actually he drives until his thumb gets soar, some days that can take awhile. He also enjoys mud the muddier he can get his dad the better for him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
WOW! I didnt anticipate so many replies in just one day.
thanks for all the help and I feel much better about my choice in rides.
now if only the guy will get back to me so I can buy it :)
He posted his cell phone number on the ad, but no area code so I emailed him instead. that was 3 days ago. maybe I'll just start guessing and see if I get lucky.

thanks again guys,
Ryan

ps, any recommendations on a plow for doing sidewalks? I have about 300ft of sidewalk to shovel every time it snows along with my 24ftx 50ft driveway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts