Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a new 2016 outlander Max 1000R

this weird humming noise at all speeds.

Does anyone know what it could be. Dealer states its normal. I do not beleive it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Unless I'm not hearing it right mine sounds just like that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good ole wa wa wa noise. Figure it is the gears in the final drive. Mine is new last April. Changed the rear end oil and it was silver at 450 klicks , 240 miles. Not getting used to it yet. Friggen annoying.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is it that high pitch noise?

·
Registered
372 Posts
the high pitch is normal. its the wa wa wa wa noise. you hear it better midway through the video
I would have to say it tire noise that's making that. Maybe. But I know mine is just like that and I only notice it in the road

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
my 570 sounds just like that...changed both diffs and gearbox so their fresh.
guess its the nature of the beast

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would guess tire noise too. How is the alignment? I know ATV is new, but wouldn't hurt to get it checked. In the video it looks like there is some vibration in the handal bars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2015 800xt sounded just like that even in dirt at lower speeds. They said it was normal. I now have a 2016 850xt and it doesn't have that noise.

·
Registered
69 Posts
More than tire noise. you can hear the wa wa in the rear end. doesn't matter if its on the round or across a field its always there. Dealer said hats normal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a 2015 outlander L 500 max, same noise at all speeds on hard or soft surfaces... mine is definitely coming from the front, sounds like terrible gear meshing to me...

·
Registered
34 Posts
holy hell, that sounds terrible and you weren't even spinning it fast or under load... my plan was to ride mine until it pops, drive train should be covered under the L's 5 year warranty eh?

·
Registered
943 Posts
humming noise, eh......is your wife not shown in the video? :th_smiliewoo:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep the hum, 5 year warranty and 50$ bill every time you go in. The friggen hum ruins the canam sound. I think it may be an oil change every 100 miles or so. Might make it last.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Unless I'm not hearing it right mine sounds just like that.
I'm changing my opinion it sounds like rear diff. :th_smiliebanana2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've emailed my tech at the Can-Am dealership and sent him the videos you posted, this is what he had to say;

"I[FONT=&quot] got great news for you, I have talked to the sales man here (*****, great guy), who use to be in the parts department, he said bring it in ASAP! Don’t ride it, it isn’t normal. He said yes they will make a noise in the rear but not a extremely loud noise. Sounds like a tooth got chipped off the pto. He said it will most likely be covered under the 5 year warranty from canam! We will take care of you! "

So there you have it, supposed to make some noise but not a terribly loud sound like yours is doing
[/FONT]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts