Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old lady just got herself a new can am.. so now we’ve got two outlander 1000 in the garage. Im looking at getting a trailer to make life easier on our outings and also allow room to grow in the future. So I’ve narrowed it down to a 8.5x20 trailer.
I’ve got an enclosed one from South Georgia (which isn’t the greatest quality) but I’m considering getting a 8.5x20 deckover with 5000# or 7000# tandem axles. I know this is going to be way over kill but what are the setups you guys are running/recommend? I love the enclosed trailer qualities for storage and security but I just want something that’s gonna last years to come.
I’ve also looked at the PJ “buggy hauler” in a 8.5x20 as well which would be awesome. They’re just impossible to find!
Thanks for your guys’ help and input

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Personally if i had the budget for a enclosed that would be the way i would go. Saves unloading and putting away when you get home, you can store all your gear and some tools, Spare fuel, and if you really want to sleep in it for a extended trip..I would even put a small heater in it for winter to thaw things out.. I have been slowly looking for a used one just for those reasons i hate coming home at the end of a long trip tired and crappy weather and having to unload everything lol... For a tide over until you find a good deal the 2 up trailers that you can buy for fairly good price from most dealers are a good little trailer. I have had mine for about 10 years now and other than the pain really does not hold up well i have done nothing to it.. They seem to hold their value well as around here right from the day i purchased it i see them selling for the same or more than i paid for mine so i could go out sell it recoup my money and put it on a new trailer if i wanted.

·
Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
271 Posts
I fully agree with Zrock but I'm poor so an enclosed trailer is a ways out for me. Personally I have a 4 place sled trailer that I use for quads, I can fit 4 full size quads no problem, it has a ramp that stores underneath and I can drive on from any side and drive off the opposite side. I paid like $3200 for it, dual axles, all aluminum, its been a sweet setup and the wife's SUV can pull it if its just our two quads. I posted a photo of it on the Weekend Rides thread if your interested and I also power wash all the quads on it as I can walk around them on the deck and then get underneath from the ground. Not perfect but it's working for me so far...

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,016 Posts
In my case the quad comes home very muddy and being able to spray it down while still on the trailer is a plus. Then it goes into the garage. If the quad had to stay on the trailer overnight for any reason an enclosed trailer would make more sense.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,223 Posts
I only have one ATV and after three open trailers I finally got a enclose trailer. 6x12 all Aluminum 6.5 high. Time all said and done I was just shy of $10000.00. But the way I look after my stuff, I will likely get what I paid for it done the road. I put my own wooden shelf in the V-nose. It can store my riding gear, two helmets and two gas cans, spare tire and still have lots of room for even the ATV being a max frame. My friend has a 8x20 with two ATVs and it works great for him for now. It is only 6' tall and now he is thinking about a SxS and you need the 7' tall trailers to get the proper door opening for SxS to fit in.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I only have one ATV and after three open trailers I finally got a enclose trailer. 6x12 all Aluminum 6.5 high. Time all said and done I was just shy of $10000.00. But the way I look after my stuff, I will likely get what I paid for it done the road. I put my own wooden shelf in the V-nose. It can store my riding gear, two helmets and two gas cans, spare tire and still have lots of room for even the ATV being a max frame. My friend has a 8x20 with two ATVs and it works great for him for now. It is only 6' tall and now he is thinking about a SxS and you need the 7' tall trailers to get the proper door opening for SxS to fit in.
The way the market is right now i can sell my trailer for more than what i payed for it years ago.. Especially if i give it a coat of Por15... If i could find a good deal on a enclosed i would sell it

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
110 Posts
Have a Sure-trac 7 x 14 that I haul 2 can am outlanders 2 up bumper to bumper 8ft long one gets loaded on the side one at back
from hitch to ramp its 18ft 4 inches, not to long .
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wood

just get one with brakes
Water Wood Fence Asphalt Event

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an Aluma 8812. I put a truck tool box on the front of it. Can hold two quads loaded from the side and still has room for my 72" ice fishing calf sled. I can take off the tool box and fit three quads on it if required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts