Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site, and I need help bad! First, my crank case breather hose spits out oil, is it supposed to do that? Also I need to know where to find a carburetor rebuild kit, and a valve cover gasket. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! Sorry, can't make a call on the oil coming out of the breather hose. Sounds like you're building up pressure from something being clogged. Have you opened the side plastics and pod and checked to see if something is kinked/clogged/broken?
Post what you're running (mods, engine changes, etc.) and someone on here will probably be better able to answer your question.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Also what year and model. have you checked your oil? running too much oil could/maybe cause that to happen. Also what ^^he said above,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I have for aftermarket parts is a rev box, and Gbc gator tires. It's a 2000 ds650. I have had the side cover off once to put in a new clutch sprag. Do you know Where I can find a valve cover gasket? Should I have the clyinder honed and put new rings on it?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here's one of the many sites for parts:

Can Am Parts World

If it were me, I'd have it looked at by a mechanic before digging too deep. Get an idea of what the issue may really be, from a TRUSTED professional, first. You may spend a little more for an estimate, but if you're not really ready to tear into an engine, save yourself the headache. At least get an opinion about what needs to be done, first..... (just my humble opinion) :th_smilienoclue:

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Not sure on a DS, but outties go up to the airbox. They are still problematic there, some re-route to a "breather" on right side of quad and higher up.

If your quad has a lot of dusty miles, I might suspect the oil screen at the bottom of the engine is clogged, long shot theory tho.

Plus, if you want more responses, start a new topic in the can-am section.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
new thread?

how do i start a new thread? I really need answers on this, my oil bleed screw is very tight and i dont want to strip it, any special procedures to get it out? thanks

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts