Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mounted a light bar on my new 570 and I didn't realize I was going to be picky about how my headlights now look. I'd really like to find a set of LED headlight bulbs that have the High/Low beam in a similar color. There's so much clutter in an LED bulb search, I figured I'd see if any of my fellow Outlander owners have had any luck with aftermarket LED headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
90 Posts
Yes,look here.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am thinking of putting up some additional lights. I want to put another line thru the fuse box and operate the lights with a separate switch. Unless you do something like that, you could be draining the current draw from main lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My light bar is installed correctly, The OE headlights are just halogens that are nowhere near as white as my light bar. I was looking for another bulb that will look the same as my 6000K Light bar. You can't see in the pic but I don't have separate lights for High and Low beam so I am looking for a High/Low combo bulb. I still want High/Low functionality so I don't have to use my bar in every high beam situation. I don't think that anything in the thread that Synthetic linked to will work.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I never use the oem headlights anymore but not a bad idea to swap in some led bulbs ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
My light bar is installed correctly, The OE headlights are just halogens that are nowhere near as white as my light bar. I was looking for another bulb that will look the same as my 6000K Light bar. You can't see in the pic but I don't have separate lights for High and Low beam so I am looking for a High/Low combo bulb. I still want High/Low functionality so I don't have to use my bar in every high beam situation. I don't think that anything in the thread that Synthetic linked to will work.

Thanks
Ouch,i missed that you have combined high/low lamp.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am thinking of putting up some additional lights. I want to put another line thru the fuse box and operate the lights with a separate switch. Unless you do something like that, you could be draining the current draw from main lights.
Check this out,specifically what Cusa linked.If you want to install nice without messing up original harnesses .
I draw current via cigarette outlet to led-ramp ,it is fused 15 Amp.(not 100% "right" since there are specific connectors already there waiting..)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered this LED bar from Extreme LED Lightbars. They sell a really nice wiring harness with a fuse, switch and relay. I opted to use a handle bar mounted switch so I didn't need to drill anything. Its all independent of the lighting circuit, wired hot so I don't need the key on. I had considered splicing into the Hi beam circuit but after many discussions I opted to go the route I did. I appreciate the wiring diagram thread link but I'm good in that department, just trying to find some good headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ordered this LED bar from Extreme LED Lightbars. They sell a really nice wiring harness with a fuse, switch and relay. I opted to use a handle bar mounted switch so I didn't need to drill anything. Its all independent of the lighting circuit, wired hot so I don't need the key on. I had considered splicing into the Hi beam circuit but after many discussions I opted to go the route I did. I appreciate the wiring diagram thread link but I'm good in that department, just trying to find some good headlight bulbs.

View attachment 99630
Very nice. The way I would want to do the upgrade. (y)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

View attachment 99630
Nice install.

Set mine up the same way, hot, no key on required.
Very handy.

Let me know when you find some good bulbs pls.
I halfheartedly looked a while back but moved on.
I upgraded to candlepower bulbs but still halogen. Pretty worthless compared to the led bars.
Was using them as "stealth" lights but the halos took over in that dept so the key rarely sees the "headlights on" position, ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts