Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all I was wondering if I am able to run a set of LED lights off my highbeam switch. These lights take 22 watts each. I'm wondering If is to much of a load for the fuse or the wire? And how would I wire these? Splice right at the bulb? Thanks all

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 2 14'' Light bars that I am running, I spliced one into my Low beam harness and on into my High beam harness.

I just tapped into the wires that supply power to the bulbs right behind the headlight housing.

With all stock lights, 2 light bars and LED Halos it has not burnt any fuses yet.

So you should be good to go.

Attachments

Reactions: Raymanjunior

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best way would be to run them using a relay. There would basically be no load on the switch. and would only run when atv is on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect thanks guys!!! Cingcrete I will do just that Ive only had time to mount the so far will start the wiring soo !!!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Best way would be to run them using a relay. There would basically be no load on the switch. and would only run when atv is on.
X2

A few threads on here about failing light switches, particularly the high beam section.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have 2 14'' Light bars that I am running, I spliced one into my Low beam harness and on into my High beam harness.

I just tapped into the wires that supply power to the bulbs right behind the headlight housing.

With all stock lights, 2 light bars and LED Halos it has not burnt any fuses yet.

So you should be good to go.
That's a lot of light! Must be nice night riding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts