Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2020 outlander xmr 850 and every quote i get is over $1000 a year.... but all my buddies tell me they paying like $350 a year..... they don't have outlanders but atv insurance..... and most with sxs only pay like 150 a year....so why so much a year for mine? I don't get it..... thanks

Fyi one has 20 renegade and pays $350 a year......

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,509 Posts
Way too many unknowns to really weigh in with useful answers...... I mean some umbrella policies could knock your "per covered items" rate way down...... your state, the insurance company itself, your demographic, etc.... ask your buddies who they're using/get the deets from them, y'know?

Reactions: The King's Quad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have asked all that..... used the same insurance.......same state.... maybe bc this bike is considered a "mud bike"? ..... high claims on this particular bike and insurance companies caught on and raised the premiums?

Way too many unknowns to really weigh in with useful answers...... I mean some umbrella policies could knock your "per covered items" rate way down...... your state, the insurance company itself, your demographic, etc.... ask your buddies who they're using/get the deets from them, y'know?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sure your getting quoted on the same insurance. Sounds about right over here for full coverage but most of us just go with a fire and theft policy that drops the price way down...

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 2020 outlander xmr 850 and every quote i get is over $1000 a year.... but all my buddies tell me they paying like $350 a year..... they don't have outlanders but atv insurance..... and most with sxs only pay like 150 a year....so why so much a year for mine? I don't get it..... thanks

I just bought my first can am outlander xmr 1000. I’m going to get a loan for it long story short can’t get a loan until I title it I’m buying out of state they won’t tittle it for me. Since I’m having a loan I must have insurance I called a few places today. Geico where I have everything else I own insured quoted me $265 a year. Progressive $785 a year and State Farm $480 a year. Just what I got quoted today. If you have high auto insurance that could be a reason of higher atv insurance??? I do not have a motorcycle endorsement on my license as that would have also lowered the price as well as a safety course... just some ideas maybe to help get yours lower 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes full coverage... which everybody i asked has full coverage also.....i have to have it bc of my bank

Sure your getting quoted on the same insurance. Sounds about right over here for full coverage but most of us just go with a fire and theft policy that drops the price way down...
I just bought my first can am outlander xmr 1000. I’m going to get a loan for it long story short can’t get a loan until I title it I’m buying out of state they won’t tittle it for me. Since I’m having a loan I must have insurance I called a few places today. Geico where I have everything else I own insured quoted me $265 a year. Progressive $785 a year and State Farm $480 a year. Just what I got quoted today. If you have high auto insurance that could be a reason of higher atv insurance??? I do not have a motorcycle endorsement on my license as that would have also lowered the price as well as a safety course... just some ideas maybe to help get yours lower 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah geico was the cheapest but still was $50 bucks a month...... everybody else was over 1k a year..... my car insurance isn't that high....i have a 16 benz c300 4 matic and pay 140 a month

·
Registered
17 Posts
And the 50 bucks a month was with paying i think 200 up front
Yea I’m $35 a month or $265 a year I went w the year... I have it bc of bank as well... I also have 3 cars 2 houses a boat 2 jet skis all through geico maybe why mines $15 a month cheaper since it’s a bundle 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Seems high but so does your auto insurance. I'm over 40, never a ticket, my auto is $60 a month on a 2019 top model chrysler pacifica S. my Atv is $ 190 a year and that is with the highest amount of coverage i could get, +$5000 over blue book. both through progressive in ohio. a lot of factors go into it, i would look to see how to lower it and shop around. i looked other places and they were higher but only buy a hundred bucks or so.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i have heard prices on these bikes also go by the size of the motor. I have everything we own through state farm and i think my 650 Max XT costs like $300/year (maybe) with full coverage

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geico is the only one in the ballpark...at 573 a year.... everybody else was about 1000....allstate was almost 2k and my buddy got a 20 renegade 1000 for 350 a year....basically the same bike but bigger motor

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some of these insurance quotes sound insane.

I have a 2019 570 Max XT - have the (required) liablity plus collision and comprehensive ($500 deductable on each) and pay $210 "Canadian bucks" a year (that's like under $160 USD)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Some crazy quotes. My ’17 Defender HD8 full coverage is $269/yr with Progressive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some of these insurance quotes sound insane.

I have a 2019 570 Max XT - have the (required) liablity plus collision and comprehensive ($500 deductable on each) and pay $210 "Canadian bucks" a year (that's like under $160 USD)
Same. 2020 650 XT $2M liability, fire, theft, collision with replacement, $250 deductible is $230 Canadian for me; I get a military discount, but it isn’t that much.

·
Registered
589 Posts
the key to insurance is to make sure you have a lot of things 'bundled' together. I have a house, two vehicles, a camper, and our quad all bundled together, and i have been with the same insurance for almost 20 years. i believe that helps out a lot, very minimal claims, and no speeding tickets since i was 19 years old may help out a lot too.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Try Allstate if you have one in your area. I insured my renegade xmr 1000 and it was super cheap

1 - 20 of 34 Posts