Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can anyone tell me if Intimidator tires in 26.5x10x14 will fit on stock 2020 650 Max XT rims (front and rear)? Bike is new and bone stock. Just wanna know if I can put the bigger, wider tires on the stock wheels.

Does anyone have pics of Intimidators on an outlander? Ive seen them on an XMR but not a normal Outlander/Max.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they’re 14’s. Just not sure about rim width, offset, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,363 Posts
I don't see where you'd have any issues with that size.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, they’re 14’s. Just not sure about rim width, offset, etc.
No doubt they'll fit on your bike, but there is a difference of what, 1 1/2" or 2" rim width between frt and rr no? I would think the fronts would run a little taller and more rounded, maybe quite abit?
No worries with the offset IMO, it's minimal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I hadn’t considered how the difference in wheel widths might affect the size. Hopefully it won’t be too bad. I’ve gone ahead and ordered them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update this thread, I got the Intimidators installed and got out on a couple rides with them. The performance and ride is awesome and I love the look. The 26.5” fit perfectly on the stock wheels.

Here’s a few pics.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,363 Posts
That is a sharp looking tire...

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
167 Posts
Still like the tires and the setup?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I really like them. I’ve ordered a new 850 Max and as soon as it arrives I’ll be putting a set of these on it as well. I’m undecided whether I’ll put 28” on the 850 or stick with the 26.5” that I have on the 650.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to update this thread, I got the Intimidators installed and got out on a couple rides with them. The performance and ride is awesome and I love the look. The 26.5” fit perfectly on the stock wheels.

Here’s a few pics.

View attachment 99455 View attachment 99458 View attachment 99459

To follow up on this, I have the 850 dps. I’m curious... did you have to clutch anything or feel like you should? How tall does the 26.5 stand.... is it a true 26.5 or does it stand bigger?

·
Vendor
257 Posts
Is clutching needed? How much do they weigh on the rim!!??
Clutching is more of a personal opinion. It doesn't hurt, especially once you start getting over 32", but its not required. What size are you looking for specifically? I can come up with a shipping weight. Not sure bout with rim though. That all depends on the rim you choose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clutching is more of a personal opinion. It doesn't hurt, especially once you start getting over 32", but its not required. What size are you looking for specifically? I can come up with a shipping weight. Not sure bout with rim though. That all depends on the rim you choose.
well it depends. I have the 2021 850 dps. I’d run the stock 14” rim.
I want the height and the tire. I’d do a 28 if I didn’t have to clutch the bike. So in saying that, if the clutching is necessary I’d do the 26.5 (as long as I don’t need to clutch. In saying all of this,in your opinion if I did do the 28 or 26.5 On original stock can am rim, what would you do.

·
Vendor
257 Posts
Go big with the 28" if those are your two options. Always go bigger. 🤣 You don't have to do any clutch work with a 28". It wouldn't hurt, but definitely not necessary.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
486 Posts
In saying all of this,in your opinion if I did do the 28 or 26.5 On original stock can am rim, what would you do.
Is your approach theoretical or do you have an actual tire performance problem to solve? Everything is a trade off and the OEM tires on the machine are well thought out to start with. So what specifically are you looking for performance wise?
My problem was poor traction in ungroomed snow with the OEM tires. So I bought a second set of tires mounted on OEM rims. The tires are nominally 1'' wider and 1'' taller. Each tire/wheel assembly weighs 10 lbs. more than the OEM one. There is no clearance problem. The stance is roughly 1'' wider both in front and in the rear. There is no increase in ride height.
I will only know after riding this coming winter if these 'winter' tires did the trick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just took delivery of my 850 Max this week and put the 28” Intimidators on. They’re quite a bit bigger than the 26.5” on my 650. I haven’t had it out for a ride yet but will this weekend. I’ll likely have to trim a bit of the front fender plastic but just slightly.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Tread

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 20 of 22 Posts