Can-Am ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
187 Posts
So how much trimming did you have to do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I started with a diagonal cut on the front fender but was still getting a lot of rub. I then installed a 1” spacer lift on the shocks. That helped but I still had rub front and rear. At this point I’ve trimmed the spots outlined in yellow on the pic below and now the rub is pretty much gone except for on hard hits on the front end. On those hard hits I can still feel rub on what I believe is the bottom of the footwells.

Here’s a link to a comparison video I made between the 26.5” and 28”. This was made before any trimming.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you like the Intimidators better than the Pit Bull Growlers you had on before? How do they compare? I've had the PB Growlers, but am considering the Intimidators.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Do you like the Intimidators better than the Pit Bull Growlers you had on before? How do they compare? I've had the PB Growlers, but am considering the Intimidators.
Yes I like the intimidators quite a bit more than the Pitbulls. I always found the PB’s pretty poor in mud as they would just dig and sink. The intimidators perform really well in all types of trail riding and look awesome. I put the Intimidators on both of my new machines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I like the intimidators quite a bit more than the Pitbulls. I always found the PB’s pretty poor in mud as they would just dig and sink. The intimidators perform really well in all types of trail riding and look awesome. I put the Intimidators on both of my new machines.
I ordered a set of 26.5 inch Intimidators for my 2021 850 XT. They will be here for the weekend. I'm hoping to have them put on. What tire pressure are you running?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I ordered a set of 26.5 inch Intimidators for my 2021 850 XT. They will be here for the weekend. I'm hoping to have them put on. What tire pressure are you running?
I’ve been running them at 7psi just because that’s what’s on the sidewall.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took some measurements from my 2021 850 XT OEM tires first followed by some pictures of the unmounted Intimidators. I'll get some pictures and measurements tonight and should have them uploaded tomorrow. (Once I get the new rubbers bolted on.)

My first two impressions are that the Intimidators are much heavier, but have way more surface area to dig in.
My second impression is that the Intimidators may run a bit small. I'll know for sure when I measure them tonight.

Definitely a lot of wheel protection from the side lugs. (Especially up front where the wheel is narrower.
Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,137 Posts
I will only know after riding this coming winter if these 'winter' tires did the trick.
Just for the record, yes they did. They (ITP Mudlite XTR) are much better on snow and I could even tow my buddy for a stretch because of his tires lacking traction on non-groomed trails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok. I tried to line up the pictures the best that I could, so you can compare these. (side by side)

My first ride with the Intimidators was good. I could definitely feel the lugs digging when spinning in the snow. (We have about 10-12 inches of wet / heavy) They felt more rigid when digging than the Terracross. (Using 8 psi)

Steering is very responsive. Couldn't make a comparison as to how accurately these tires steer yet.

When riding on the road, I was surprised at how smooth the Intimidators are. They were just as smooth as the Terracross tires at speed.
You can feel the lugs a touch more when at crawling speed with the Intimidators.

I haven't been able to test if there is any notable power loss as of yet. (Conditions haven't been cooperative)

I do like the look better & no rubbing.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Ruler Automotive tire Tape measure Tire Office ruler
Automotive tire Office ruler Tape measure Wood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's a good looking tire! Thanks for the pictures and keep us updated on your thoughts after you can put some time on them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have been following this thread and I chose blackwaters over intimidators but I did go with 28” tires still. I ended up having to trim my front fenders just like a xmr fender from the factory
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: Maniac21 and Tozguy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea. Same as the fender, cut it just like my buddies xmr

·
Registered
187 Posts
Only bad part is the line my fender flares rubbed into the plastic before I cut em
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: conquestlady
21 - 40 of 48 Posts