Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '15 max and find that I like going through some mud. Not to deep, but deep enough to get rad dirty. It sucks trying to clean it. I'm concerned about overheating. I also like the look of the rad relocate. I have a 1 yr warranty, expires Jan'16.

Would you recommend dealer doing install or do it myself? If I did it myself would it void warranty? Also is it difficult to do? I got a few quotes from 3 dealers in area and prices range from $350 to $800

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
yes it will void warranty. If you have a dealer that's worth their salt then they will take care of you if theres a problem. But technically its a perfect reason for them to deny warranty if you have any problems that could possibly be related to the radiator.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
and its not a difficult job either. a few cold ones and a Saturday afternoon should do it

Reactions: Atl1glf

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just about every time I have the dealer work on my stuff, either a car or an ATV, they always mess something up. I'll never buy another extended warranty, and I'll just do my own work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My kit from BRP will be here on Friday...I will let you know brother. If your good with a wrench and following directions I wouldn't pay anyone :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
IMHO this is a very expensive hobby if you can't or won't do your own wrenching.

Reactions: Mr.Boiler

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree 100% with every response. I am installing the brp snorkel and rad kit myself. I made sure it was cool with my dealer otherwise I might have waited until the factory warranty is up before I did it. Maybe.

I have the snorkels in, went fine but the instructions are very vague. It's actually pretty simple once you take it through step by step. Looks like the rad kit will be the same.

I did cut the stock intake pipe and install the union/coupling into that instead of ripping out the factory seal into the air box though. It's not as nice of a union as the kit piece would provide but I'm confident it's good and will silicone the joint too.

I sure as hell wouldn't pay someone $350-800 to do the rad kit for me though. But it all comes down to what you are capable of when it comes to working on stuff. I promise you will learn more about your wheeler and have a much greater appreciation for what it takes to maintain it if you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am mechanically inclined and have a nice tool selection. Wondered if there are any special tools needed. Thought about the money I would save doing it myself but wondered if I let dealer do it, they should warranty it, if they mess it up. But, I have read How many have had problems.

Has anyone seen YouTube videos on how to install or made one? What was the toughest part of the install?

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
IMO I will not pay the dealer for a 16 year kid to work on my machine. Only time it goes to dealer is for warranty work. I'm pretty handy and quite willing to learn. At least I will know it is done right if nothing else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty much everything on the machine is simple if you dont look at the machine as one big conglomeration. Take the part you want to fix or work on, learn as much as you can by asking questions, and YouTube is a huge help also, and then you will go into the project with a greater understanding and feeling of confidence.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Reactions: Atl1glf
1 - 11 of 11 Posts