Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Jericho State Park in Berlin, NH

38609 Views 209 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  DJinNH
If any of you folks are looking to ride in New Hampshire and you're not familiar with good places, Jericho State Park located near Mt. Washington is a nice place.

Jericho Lake State Park - New Hampshire Motorcycle and ATV Trails

I haven't ridden there with my ATV yet as I just bought my first one. My son, friends, and I have been there numerous times with our dirt bikes and always enjoyed it. 50+ miles of trails and there's more in the surrounding area. Cellphone service in the area worked well for me with Verizon.

Berlin allows ATV's on their streets. Jericho Power Sports has a large dirt parking lot where many like to leave their trucks and trailers. The park is across the street and you can enter on a trail right there. There's also plenty of parking in the state park near a lake. Bathrooms there as well.

We tend to stay at a hotel in the next town over, Gorham, where there's plenty of restaurants (Pizza Hut, McDonalds, bars with dining areas, stores, etc.)

In Jericho Park, there's a new warming cabin which has a great view.

There's an effort going on now for the planning of a trail system to run from Berlin across northern NH and into VT.

Stock up on your gas in Berlin or Gorham as I don't know of any pumps right there by the park. The closest ones that I can think of are maybe 3 miles back into Berlin.

Jericho Power Sports rents ATV's if interested, you can check their website for prices. http://www.jerichomotorsports.com/custompage2.asp?pg=rentatv
See less
Reactions: mtassie
If any of you folks are looking to ride in New Hampshire and you're not familiar with good places, Jericho State Park located near Mt. Washington is a nice place.

Jericho Lake State Park - New Hampshire Motorcycle and ATV Trails

I haven't ridden there with my ATV yet as I just bought my first one. My son, friends, and I have been there numerous times with our dirt bikes and always enjoyed it...
See more
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Hi guys, I'm here now (actually in the motorhome at Jericho motor sports. I got here yesterday but I guess leaving tomorrow cuz- the fuel pump quit in my 500XT:th_smiliefrustrated :th_smiliepullhair:
A really really good samaritan pulled me back here from the Success trail- my guess- 14 miles.
I'm real disappointed as the 500XT Outlander is not 3 years old and less than 750 miles..........Oh yeah, looks like the pump is $360.00. There is one in Colbrook but there goes another day :th_smiliepullhair:
Anyway, the trails are very dusty but otherwise fine. There was an excavator doing grading on Success.
If anybody is around- stop by.
Gary

· Registered
920 Posts
Depends on the club most you can ride till dark. North Country atv you can till 10 at nite. We drove over in Colbrook got back after dark and fish and game pulled us over. Didn't get a ticket but was told the riding after dark was not legal there

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Finally made it back to Jericho Park over the weekend. The forecast made it seem like it was going to be a washout but we figured we'd give it a try. We were glad we did as the rain held off most of Saturday though there was enough of it to knock the dust down to nothing.

As we entered the woods off of Rt. 2 by the trailer parking lot, we got to the pit where you turn towards Smitty's Trail. We saw the sign for the new Chris's Trail and figured we'd see what it was about. It simply runs alongside Rt. 16 about a mile or less and comes out behind a Yamaha dealership.

The trails in the majority of the park were well covered with dirt though there were numerous area where I was glad to have my Maxxis Big Horns and Ricochet skid plates for the rocks.

Dave (my neighbor) and I got to watch some of the trucks and Jeeps doing their thing on the new 4x4 trail which runs north from the parking lot and office by Jericho Lake. Some hardcore riding there with all the rocks/boulders they climb over. The 4x4 trail runs parallel to the ATV trail in some areas and crosses it in others.

We rode the new trail that runs from the trail around the lake, crosses Rt. 110/Jericho Rd and eventually connects to the trails that run north behind Jericho Motor Sports. We enjoyed that trail so much that we went back a second time near the end of our day. Nice views during part of it where you are a ways up on a mountain looking down on a lake and marsh.

Unlike the windmills in Millsfield which you could not get your ATV close to last year, the new windmills in Jericho Park have a trail that allows you to ride right up to them. There are viewing areas of the park from up there too but the clouds were too low for us to allow me to comment on how good that view is. I'm guessing on a clear day that it would be awesome.

We did take a ride over to Cascade Falls on Friday evening but there was barely any water coming down. It was the least amount of water falling that I have seen in years.

There's a nice new gazebo and a bathroom on Buford's Way just before the windmills. I don't remember seeing that there on previous trips.

We ended up riding about a 100 miles this trip, taking it easy and enjoying being back up there on the trails.

· Registered
35 Posts
Hopefully rain wont be an issue overcast and raw 50s on Friday Just had brought enough gear to stay warm. I havnt been to park in a couple years after installing warming hut stairs bet this week will be great for viewing awesome to get to see windmills up close. Some of the trails really taking a beating lots of large exposed stones
BE CAREFUL RIDE SAFE

161 - 180 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.