Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got a 2006 Buck from a family member, ridiculously low miles. Maybe 50 miles or so, webbing still on tires. I have been told this is the same as a Traxtor 500 but I am not up on that history. I know the Buck is very different from the Trail Buck of the same year.

I just got it, hadn't been used in 3 years. Runs decent, will go through the carb when I have time later. The urgent issue is that the speedo/instrument cluster/indicator cluster and taillights are not working. I have found a parts diagram and suspect a relay in the ignition switch circuit. Thought someone might be able to chime-in on this possible solution and also tell me where that relay might be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...so I figured it out after posting. There is very little information on the JD ATV's because they didn't make many of them. Tons of time digging through online parts breakdown images.

The instrument cluster and taillights were both out, turns out there is a small "power relay" under the front end that goes on with the key, feeds both of those. Can get the part from JD but it is a standard automotive relay for about 1/4 of the cost.

Maybe this will help someone else now that the post is searchable.

Thanks, guys, for the replies!

Dennis

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you happen to have the part number? I have a similar display issue and would like to replace the same part you did.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a standard "fog light" relay from Autozone. Just unplugged the old one and the new one plugged in. Fixed all of my issues. The relay is just under 1" cubed and it has a mounting ear on one side.

Not sure what the exact name for the relay is but someone in auto parts store should know.

If you have any issues finding, post again and I will try to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Added picture, not sure if it worked.
Hi Folks, 1st post here. As mentioned above there aren't many of these around and info is slim.

I have a regular Buck 500, not the EXT as in the picture but substantially the same. And actually the same year. I really like it and it has done well for me.

But I need to change out the lube in the front and rear differentials. Since this is pretty close to the 500 Bombardier model I suspect the same lube so what is it, specifically?

Thanks in advance,
JRH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts