Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum and could use some help finding the correct oil filter for the 2005 JD 500. I ordered the filters previously from a John Deere parts (C420956741) I'm down to my last filter and JD says no longer available. Rotax RB-x347 is stamped on the filter, but I can't find that online either. I know this an old machine but I use it for all kind of things on the ranch. I see a KN filter but the one end doesn't match the current filter design. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
284 Posts
hiflo filtro HF557
I use these on my Bombardier traxter.
I have been selling / using Hiflo filters on my own and customers motorcycles for going on 20 years with no issues. Good filters , easy to find and not much $$.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hiflo filtro HF557
I use these on my Bombardier traxter.
I have been selling / using Hiflo filters on my own and customers motorcycles for going on 20 years with no issues. Good filters , easy to find and not much $$.
Thanks for responding, unfortunately that is a spin on filter and mine uses the cartridge type. KN makes a similar one but the one end of the filter is a bit different than the original one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
How does it compare with this filter then. This one is a cartridge type for the 650 buck, see if the 650 buck and 500 auto buck were the same. There is talk of a JD 500 that is gear on gear like the traxter with a step through design as well as a automatic version with semi-step through and a CVT ( belt drive ). I assume you have the CVT.

This one fits Bombardier quest 500 as well as the cvt traxter good chance it is your filter.
Product Rectangle Door Font Parallel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You! That looks like the correct one. I had to make the mm/inch conversion but that seems to be the correct one. Thank you very much for helping me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts