Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
220 Posts
There was a thread on here about that but they were EU bikes, not sure if anyone can get unleash that 650 for you... As far as what to upgrade, that would be very high on my list if possible.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,002 Posts
Welcome to the site, @Nickskraba , and congrats! Sharp looking little rig ya got there

Along the lines of un-tuning that detuned 650, check with Monster or MRrpm or even Ray at atvflashing.com, see what they have to say on the subject

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,337 Posts
Welcome to the forums @Nickskraba and that's a nice machine you got there. Congrats!

I would definitely look into unleashing the full power of that 650 engine. Pennies on the dollar compared to if you were to buy an actual 650 and the power gains will be significant.

Good luck and let us know what you make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forums @Nickskraba and that's a nice machine you got there. Congrats!

I would definitely look into getting unleashing the full power of that 650 engine. Pennies on the dollar compared to if you were to buy an actual 650 and the power gains will be significant.

Good luck and let us know what you make out.
Do you know how I would go about getting that tuning done?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,002 Posts
I'm genuinely intrigued as to how BRP went about making the 650 behave like a 570. The bikes don't have real-time timing tweaks, and they'll rev to the same max RPM, which is where your peak HP number lies, so what'd they do? Injectors should be 650's, and we know fuel system spec, so they, what, shortened the injector pulse width? No, that doesn't make sense.

I wonder if they loaded a less aggressive base timing map into the ECM. That'd be the easiest/simplest way, imo. If that's the case, then that's also a simple/easy reflash to restore the potential HP output

Reactions: Dirty Red Neck
1 - 17 of 17 Posts