Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just found a dealer that had a 850 Max XT already on order and its due in early December. I paid $14,100 with title and tax reg ect. I will be riding with my wife for a bit until she gets her 570 XT in then my 8 year old son will be riding with me. My concern is that I'm 300 lbs she's 120 and the last quad I had was a 70cc when I was 10 lol Not sure how well this thing will move the 2 of us... Also from what I'm reading with the weight the factory shocks will most likely be too giving with leaning and front end dives. This makes we want the 1000 Max XT-P instead but I would have to put in a order and I hear that's a very long wait...

Thoughts? I am thinking I could get elka stage 3 for $1500 and can just call it a day maybe a clutch kit at some point.. idk because I never actually ridden one. How well will this thing move? Will I be needing running starts for hills rofl Also what about the 4 lock diff vs just the front the XT has? Big deal or no?

·
Registered
2021 outlander 850 MAX XTP
642 Posts
Actually the elkas 3 would be an vary nice up grade even over the fox’s on the XTP.

she will haul your buts around no problem, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
259 Posts
Actually the elkas 3 would be an vary nice up grade even over the fox’s on the XTP.

she will haul your buts around no problem, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised
Totally agree- it is unbelievable how much power the 850 has. That bike has close to 80hp. The early Volkswagen beetles had 40hp.

You have nothing to worry about. Regarding the suspension. If you are truly unhappy with them, like others have said, that's an easy fix.

850 is a lot of machine.

·
Nobody Special
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,211 Posts
That 850 has so much power it will climb right out from under you if you are not hanging on! The issue I find with these 850's and 1000's is not a lack of power, it is enough weight to push the tires down for traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts