Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow am i frustrated.. fuel pump problem replaced pump with air tex pump got a little ahead of my self cut corrugated fuel line off replaced with gates 5\16 hose put all back together 50 kms died guess what blew supply line off pump....btw bike runs like a champ...pulled all apart again double clamped on pump longer hose 75 km blew line off again .....first question why the hang is pump got smooth brass output can this be replaced with barbed end or were can i get corrugated fuel line or jimmy rig somehow to stay on any suggestions would help thx btw awesome site with alot of info

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are you using actual push lock fuel line? Because that should not come off easily. Next question is what kind of clamps are you using? Just the plain band clamps that have the little screw and slots in it? If you are you should try using clamps that are made for higher pressure fuel injection. Carquest part number for these clamps is 52F16.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I take that back 52F16 is for 3/8" line. You will need 52F15 for 5/16". By corregated line do you mean the plastic ribbed line? If so I would try push lock hose myself (If you can that is). Make sure who ever you would buy it from gives you the right stuff. There is standard low pressure push lock for like gravity feed lawn mowers etc... and there is higher pressure braided stuff made for fuel injection. Working at a car parts store I see all to often people use the wrong stuff because they dont know the difference and neither do the people selling them the wrong stuff. Hope I could help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts