Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Tigertail for the house, if you look at the attached photo, will I have heating issues with the rope being maybe 2 inches from my exhaust? I can flip the bracket around and lower the whole thing but I'd rather keep it up high if I can.

Anyone have any experience with these? The other idea I had was to fab up a piece of aluminum and put it between the exhaust and the rope but again, I would rather not.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I can't speak from experience, but I don't think you're going to have any issues right there. The exhaust isn't glowing-red by the time it makes it to the muffler, it's cooled off significantly, and you've got a decent air gap there, I just can't see anything there causing problems. My 2 cents...

Maybe if you just really want that piece of mind, you could fab up a sheet metal shield of sorts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing on both accounts Bomb. I'll take another look at it tonight and if I fab something up I'll put a pic of it up.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just re-read where you didn't exactly want to fab up an aluminum shield, can't say as I blame ya, I'd be worried about mud n what-not, packing in between it and the spool, and giving you all kinds of grief pulling it out and rolling it back in.

I dunno, man, I think you're GTG,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll report back after the weekend and that was my real concern, just packing that thing full of junk and making it fail much faster than it should. I'll look at it again and then let you guys know how the tail worked out. I'll be pulling stumps and logs all weekend so she'll get broke in. Quarantine is making me do a lot more work at home...

Thx again Bomb.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Dirty just send it!

I think you're fine as is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You could always flip where the tiger tail is mounted then flip the hitch to raise it up enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I tried a couple different mounting options since the brackets can be flipped and such and it ended up working out pretty well. I ran it around for about an hour last night and hammered the mud hole and it seems like its going to work out real well, didn't seem to hot and stayed pretty clean. I don't plan on having it on for trail riding so thanks to everyone for their opinions. As far as the product, it seems like a solid unit, I'll post if it fails on me in the near future. For what I plan on using it for i think it will be awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts