Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend I went out on the maiden voyage for my new lonestar and I did a little bit of damage. I fell into a rut and bent my tie rod 90 degrees and popped the axle. So those weren’t to bad but upon further inspection when I got home I noticed that I bent the gusset for the lower a arm and it is not lined up correctly anymore. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone make a front gusset stiffener for these things?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well this weekend I went out on the maiden voyage for my new lonestar and I did a little bit of damage. I fell into a rut and bent my tie rod 90 degrees and popped the axle. So those weren’t to bad but upon further inspection when I got home I noticed that I bent the gusset for the lower a arm and it is not lined up correctly anymore. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone make a front gusset stiffener for these things? View attachment 96282
Hey WhiteKid I can't really answer your questions as I have not bent anything on mine and I dont know of any frame stiffener's on the market. But, if you dont mind could you let me know how you broke everything - were you quite rough on it?. I am looking to add 6" portals and 36" intimidators to my defender max cab but I am worried about breaking tie rods, A-arms, etc. What are your thoughts? Are portals hard on gear? Does the geometry change make the machines prone to break downs? Thanks man and sorry to hear about your ride.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t upgrade the tie rods and I slid into a really deep rut and bent the tie rod. However that is not what bent the tab right there. What broke it was my drunk buddy pulling me back by my tire in his Jeep doing 30mph down barrow trails. But as far as portals being hard on things they are the exact opposite. The machine never boggs down no matter how much I put it in a bind they just keep pulling. And as far as geometry that’s what’s great about the portals. All of your stock geometry stays the same. All the portals do is lower your hub where the wheels bolt up to give you the lift

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have aftermarket a arms and pucks but the angles still aren’t awful

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
45%. It’s no speed demon in the first place so I figured the lower the gear the better. It’ll still do 60 mph though. My ba a little higher but that’s the fastest I’ve gone in it sense the portals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts