Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have been looking for a can am renegade for some time now and I just found one worth about 7000, he is asking 3000, the only thing wrong with it is the engine has a knock in it. how much would it be to replace? what could of caused it? will there be more parts breaking from being beaten? :tools1:

·
Registered
635 Posts
hi, I have been looking for a can am renegade for some time now and I just found one worth about 7000, he is asking 3000, the only thing wrong with it is the engine has a knock in it. how much would it be to replace? what could of caused it? will there be more parts breaking from being beaten? :tools1:
Worst comes to worst, you can pick up a good condition 800 engine for $2-3k. If you do a rebuild, can do some nice modding while you're at it, a bbk, cams, ect. The engine having the knock is good leverage for talking down price. Definitely look over the whole bike really well before making your decision.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Worst comes to worst, you can pick up a good condition 800 engine for $2-3k. If you do a rebuild, can do some nice modding while you're at it, a bbk, cams, ect. The engine having the knock is good leverage for talking down price. Definitely look over the whole bike really well before making your decision.
x2

·
Registered
635 Posts
where could I get a renegade 800 engine
Theres always ebay, find complete good condition engines on there. Theres also another one on another forum thats built up to a 975cc BBK a guys trying to sell for $2500 i think. This is worst case though, if the entire engine has to be replaced. More then likely you'll be able to just rebuild easily. Depending on your budget, you can get as crazy or mild as you want. Id check out MrRPM first, he has all the info and parts you'll ever need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts