Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 Max XT (Mossy Oak)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt. I ride in Mid/Upper Michigan, mostly. Been lurking since ordering my 850..... last March. They say it’s “on the truck” right now, next week looks promising. Looking forward to getting out. Thanks-

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
874 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt. I ride in Mid/Upper Michigan, mostly. Been lurking since ordering my 850..... last March. They say it’s “on the truck” right now, next week looks promising. Looking forward to getting out. Thanks-
Welcome to the forums Matt. Congratulations on your purchase and we look forward to seeing photos of it. Hope you receive it soon!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
Welcome to the site, Matt

since ordering my 850..... last March
That might be the winning ticket for wait time on new machines, wish there was something that came along with that award :LOL: :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, so of course I read about the Plant Fire over the weekend. So what do I do- call the Dealer this morning wanting to know the status of my “allegedly” shipped outlander. Nope. Didn’t ship. These dealers only get status in their systems that indicate what stage of delivery you are at. So because mine was technically already built, it will not get re-statused as being built again if it was one of the unlucky quads that ended up in the fire. Thus- my shipment date continues getting pushed back and I never know why until it finally does show up..... debating pulling out and going for 2022 so I can grab up a 4lok. Sucks though.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If u read the article on the fire it was the sxs plant that had the fire

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had seen a couple articles but what I read didn’t specify. I hope what you are saying it true though, because then there is hope and my dealer is just as misinformed as I am! From an article I read:

According to a report in The Drive, the manufacturing plant and warehouse is used mainly for Can-Am ATVs and Side-by-Sides (UTVs). With no official word from BRP officials, we still do not know the extent of the damage, what exactly was manufactured or stored, and its effects on production.”

2017 Renegade 1000xxc
45 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hey Matt welcome to the forum! Hope you get your 850 soon and get out riding!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed for this coming week I guess. Trailer is set up and everything ready to go, just waiting for the call. Haven’t been this pumped for anything since they restocked the shelves with toilet paper last year.
Matt,
My xt 850 took 19 weeks and I got a call today..it's in!
I'm in the n/e lower peninsula and ordered mine from lakeside, in Mecosta MI
Dealer told me the burned plant warehouse was for sxs and xmr models. He also said xt850 is from Minnesota.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matt,
My xt 850 took 19 weeks and I got a call today..it's in!
I'm in the n/e lower peninsula and ordered mine from lakeside, in Mecosta MI
Dealer told me the burned plant warehouse was for sxs and xmr models. He also said xt850 is from Minnesota.
Oh dude, this is great news! Definitely made my night. Hoping mine shows up in the next week or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts