Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up in Lancaster for the Fair this past week and rode one day out of Lancaster . They just hooked up to the Ride The Wilds trail system . Other than having to ride road to Groveton , it was a nice ride . My girlfriend and I rode to North Stratford and had lunch at Claudette and Jeans off rt 3 . Nice spot for lunch . Found a trail that cuts across the state and could have made it to Berlin and Jerricho state park ( but we opted for riding North towards Stratford . )

We also rode the Black rail trail out of Littleton . Wish I could post the picture of how black my girlfriends face was from the dust on that trail . That picture was priceless !!! Hah !!!

· Registered
875 Posts
Yea that rail trail from Lisbon to Littleton is dusty, I love that trail. Warren has some great trails too.

· Registered
466 Posts
Figured it made sense to post about my ride in the Colebrook area in this thread rather than start another. I hope you don't mind, Crossfire.

Took my younger son up to Colebrook over this past weekend. We rode the trails Saturday going from Colebrook up to Pittsburgh along the NH/VT then the NH/Canada borders. We turned back then headed east.

View from the Scenic Vista at Sugar Hill between Coleman State Park and Dixville. Here's a photo my son took from that viewing area looking west;

This photo was taken Friday evening as we arrived in Colebrook and went to the Black Bear Tavern for dinner.

The rail trail heading north from Colebrook was in good shape, especially since there was a good rain the night before, thus the rainbows.

When we headed east, some of the twisted trails through the woods had many roots sticking up. I wondered if we'd end up with punctured tires but we got through OK. My son did pick up a nice "U" nail or whatever they are referred as, probably from one of the wooden bridges.

All in all, we were very happy with the ride, just bummed we did not get in more riding. That was my first ride on the trails up north since last Fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.