Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Had it all thought out, just about hit the buy button, and then thought I've never ridden the quad at night. Super dark, no moon nor stars, and dayum -- OEM lights are plenty, and high beams go out a good ways.

Saved 60 bucks. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I am back to thinking about an LED light.

1st I verified that the button just beneath the display that pops out was 16mm and deep enough. Check (y)
2nd I had to figure out how to wire the switch. It is a halo switch, and I wanted it off with ignition off and lite when the ignition was on. Check (y)

Here is the Halo light On.

Here is the 2 diagrams suggested by the switch seller via Amazon, both of which would be Halo on All the time. Neither is what I want.

For my purpose -- Halo light off, Ignition Off and Halo Light On, Ignition On. I think this is how it is done, OR looks right to me. The "power on source" will be the same aux connection used for the winch and winch remote. Just need to buy another connection to daisy off the winch connections. I could peel back some winch wires, but I don't do kludge installs (if I can avoid it).

The device is the relay. And the battery connection will be taken from the 4 gauge mains off the winch solenoid.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I am back to thinking about an LED light.
Good thing cause I was about to boo your previous post haha

Get er done, you'll be glad you did your first night out with one installed.
Careful tho, its a rabbit hole.
Next you'll need a back facing bar, then a handlebar mounted light...

Reactions: Synthetic

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Good thing cause I was about to boo your previous post haha

Get er done, you'll be glad you did your first night out with one installed.
Careful tho, its a rabbit hole.
Next you'll need a back facing bar, then a handlebar mounted light...
I got everything thought out. Ready to pull the trigger Black Friday. I do want to get an Amber Safety Strobe light for the back for plowing at night. Not much thought in that -- just plug it in to the cig lighter port.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts