Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems some of the people we ride with are swapping to AG tires. (Tractor rires). They're either going 16 x 8 or 18 x 8. Some of the razors and Mavericks are going with 18 x 9.5. The one 1 3/16" tall lug 16 x 8 at 32" tall and 35 lbs. or 18 x 8 at 32 tall weigh 33lbs.

the 1.75" tall lug weigh 39 lbs for 18x8 at 32.5" tall and 41 pounds for the 16x8 at 32.5" tall. But the 18 x 9.5 weighs 60 pounds and is 34" tall.. Which is too much for me.

I am strongly considering 18 x 8 with MSA battle Wheels. Where the 16 x 8 set up wood be around 54 pounds or little less. And the 18 by 8 setup would be just under 60 pounds. Of course I'd rather have the tall lug vs the shorter lug.

The brand most used are BKT 144 regular lug and the BKT 171 tall lug..

These tires are fairly cheap. Can be had at about $150 a tire..

These we I'll get rotating mass way down. Some of these guys are walking through big ruts and mud holes like it nothing and others are digging clear to china. My mudder inlaws were an awesome mud tire. But they were 10" wide and just too heavy.

I have these new ol2s. And they are just freaking heavy. Everyone on a canam atv in my area is getting away from the ol2s cause they are tired of breaking stuff. I have been lucky and not broken anything with my previous tires. I'm very throttle aggressive. It's just not fun if u ain't slinging mud, IMO. .

What do think? Worth a shot for AG tires or just stick with some 31 outlaws?

First 2 pics are 144s and other pics are 171s.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
So that's where we are heading tractor tires hahaha

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already went to AG tires. Way lighter and way cheaper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
And look at the petroleum base products these hypocrites are wearing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That was the funniest thing I've seen since "Occupy Wall Street". Nearly shit myself.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wouldn't tractor tires just tear the trails to shreds?
This is an ATV site where members ride mud on private and public land. This isn't a Green Peace, Vegan, tree hugger forum.
And it is ignorance like this that is getting public land shut down all over the country as we speak.

But hey, tear it up while you can!

·
Registered
611 Posts
So everyone would be riding illegally... Who cares... Everything's illegal. I think hitler had less laws than we do.
Tree huggers seem to me the most ignorant. They are unrealistic. Usually born rich too

·
Registered
687 Posts
So everyone would be riding illegally... Who cares... Everything's illegal. I think hitler had less laws than we do.
Tree huggers seem to me the most ignorant. They are unrealistic. Usually born rich too
I thought the first post was ignorant. This one takes the cake.

First off, God help you if your ever caught doing anything on my property, let alone tearing it up. Big deal? Wtf makes you think you've got the right to ride on anyone's land without permission? Asshats like you are what gives ATVing such a bad name.

I'm not even gonna touch the Hitler comment. I'll be banned if I say what's on my mind.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow........

WTH just happened here. .

I don't see these tires tearing stuff up any more these super aggressive mud tires. Like 32" silverbacks, the new assassinators, skinny outlaws, superior traction, juggernauts... u guys have to be kidding me.

There are alot of people riding where they shouldnt. Yeah, it makes us all look bad. We ride in atv mud parks only.. I'm not tearing up trails or mud holes anymore then the guy in front of me with 8" lift and silverbacks.. that has no throttle control.. if people were worried about a mud trail being destroyed, why even ride there?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Keep in mind that tractor tires have zero side lug and tend to be very very stiff. Sizes are pretty limited. I don't think they are the be all end all of mud tires, they were around before ATV mud riding got big and all these ATV mud tires came around, nobody ran them all these years now they are going back to them? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wow........

WTH just happened here. .

I don't see these tires tearing stuff up any more these super aggressive mud tires. Like 32" silverbacks, the new assassinators, skinny outlaws, superior traction, juggernauts... u guys have to be kidding me.

There are alot of people riding where they shouldnt. Yeah, it makes us all look bad. We ride in atv mud parks only.. I'm not tearing up trails or mud holes anymore then the guy in front of me with 8" lift and silverbacks.. that has no throttle control.. if people were worried about a mud trail being destroyed, why even ride there?
My comments were not based on your thread or anything you said...I generally would not even comment on a thread about mud tires as I have no interest. I don't begrudge you guys that do, I just have no interest in getting ass deep in mud. But reading comments like the ones I quoted in my response really get me tweaked. Comments like "its illegal, so what?" You gotta be kidding me.

Sorry if I've derailed your thread.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your good jmason.

My ag tires are very soft. That's why they only weigh 30lbs a tire. They are alot cheaper then regular mud tires.I just ordered super lug tractor tires for the wife's 570 xmr. 8" wide, 30.3" tall for a 16" rim. Weight is 27.6 lbs a tire. Cost me $448 shipped to my door.. Tractor tires come in 28", 29", 30" 31", 32",33.5", 35", 37" and bigger. Those massive 35" tractor tires only weigh 50 to 55 lbs each..the deep lug 9.5" wide 35" tall weigh 60lbs. Compare that to a 34.5 ol2. . Price wise it's alot cheaper..

·
Registered
737 Posts
Width is all quite narrow though especially on the smaller sizes no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Seen a lot of reviews on the bookface pages on these. They get excellent marks even compared to the best known mud tires.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't beleive 8" or 7" wide tires are true to that width on the tread. Just the side wall. A 9.5 is a true 9.5 tread. I have yet to figure out why...anything under 29 tall is only labeled as a 6" wide on most brands. It looks super skinny. BKT 171 tires are the most popular , but the heaviest of any brand. And they all seem true to labeled width on the tread..

·
Registered
611 Posts
I thought the first post was ignorant. This one takes the cake.

First off, God help you if your ever caught doing anything on my property, let alone tearing it up. Big deal? Wtf makes you think you've got the right to ride on anyone's land without permission? Asshats like you are what gives ATVing such a bad name.

I'm not even gonna touch the Hitler comment. I'll be banned if I say what's on my mind.

Easy Tex I wasn't talkin people's private land unless it's your own. Then if you want to cross a stream or make a damn full acre mud pit it's your business. As far as public rural land if they are going to ban it completely screw em and ride. If the area has some atv trails big deal stay off the ones designated for hikers. Here it's crown land not public land.... Same thing. And what's wrong with wondering if the nazis had fewer laws? They were freakin insane to say the least but damn if I can get to work without breaking a law or two! Never mind if it's the weekend!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts