Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im thinking about putting 29.5" outlaws on my 2010 Outty 800r XT. Do i need a lift kit or will they fit? Also would i need wheel spacers? Would a clutch kit be needed or could an aftermarket belt work? Thanks for any advice

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Pipe lift on the front. Yes on the spacers if you're not running aftermarket wheels like ITPs. A clutch kit from Dalton or QSC will go along way in helping turn them. As far as belts go stay with BRP or a Dayco XTX but you will have issues with either if you run deep mud without adding a clutch kit.

Reactions: necrodaemon666

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Not sure how much clearance you need on the tie rod ends to clear the Laws, washers may work, you just want to be able to make sure you can tighten the wheel up good. The Laws are gonna make ya taller so you got to make sure you get wider so you're not top heavy. GOOD spacers are a little pricey so most times it's not that much more expensive to throw for a set of ITP wheels as opposed to spacers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i think thats what ill do. Priced out a set of 29.5's at atv outfitter and it was like $100 more with the wheels and cheaper shipping, which is kinda weird. How difficult is it to do the clutch kit?

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Here's a vid from John Cannon on a clutch kit install on an Outy 800, click on the top of the vid to get the other 2 parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link, will definitly come in handy. I was also wondering why I would need new rims for them. In my operators guide it says that my rear wheels are 12x7.5 which is larger the after market ones that would come with them. Would i need the aftermarket ones for just the front being that they are 12x6? Or is there something else to the ITP ones that would help make them fit better? Would the 29.5x12x12 fit on the front as well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does the visco lock take awhile to engage with the 29.5's? Am looking to purchase some next spring. Just put on 26.5 Rockers and noticed it takes longer to kick in then the stockers.

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Your front tires will rub on your tie rods, ITP rims are offset so the tire itself sits out further.
Yeah just the outset is different, you could run the stock rear rims with no issues but might look a little off with different fronts but hey you might start a new look, heh heh heh. Post up some pics when you get it figured out.:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL ya thas true it could happen. Think ill just throw them on a set of ITP's though. Will definitly post pics once i get everything set up. Gonna relocate the rad and put a snorkel on. Tires will come in a couple months, once i have the money to get em.

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Click on this link, sky is the limit---MrRPM

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Does the visco lock take awhile to engage with the 29.5's? Am looking to purchase some next spring. Just put on 26.5 Rockers and noticed it takes longer to kick in then the stockers.
Shouldn't be different. Weird?

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Any other mods that anybody suggests?
I would suggest Ricochet skids but riding skeg they might hold you up instead of letting you sink. Don't know if that's bad or not, heh heh heh. I know for SURE though they will save your floorboard supports if you catch em on anything. They supports are aluminum and they bend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rims or 1inch spacers will do just fine and 1.5in tall pipe lift up front or you will rip your headlights off i have a Dalton clutch kit (DBO800M adj. clutch kit) and 30 in monkeys i am run'n the tan primary spring it engages at about 1900 rpms over stock and the yellow/black secondary spring with no rivits in the fly weights this is the set up they they told me to start with and it worked best for me

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Are they the same as pipe couplers? if yes then yes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.