Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the guys that own the 2015 xmr 800 r how many have started to put lift kits on? im looking to do a 4 inch for mine but not sure yet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
for the guys that own the 2015 xmr 800 r how many have started to put lift kits on? im looking to do a 4 inch for mine but not sure yet.
You have several options: SuperATV, PerformanceATV, Catvos, S3.

The best bang for the buck IMO is SuperATV and the Rhino axles have a 1 year no questions asked warranty unlike Gorilla who my personal experience with has been they try to avoid warranty issues. I'm just curious if SuperATV's lift is 6" regular or if you have to crank the shocks all the way up for it.

If I wasn't to get the SuperATV lift then it would be the PerformanceATV one, but only if they would drop that price a bit. $4300 is steep, especially factoring in the $60 shipping. I understand they come with Evo axles, but that's overkill because I'd do fine with Eagle axles.

Catvos are having issues with welds breaking and I've seen this happen on two bikes and heard about it on another two bikes. This sounds majorly like a quality control issue, plus I don't think they're lifts are all that great anyways.

S3 powersports lift for the XMR you will run into issues. Because it pushes the rear tires further backwards then what they are when you hit a decent bump I've read that one guy was having issues with the tire hitting the mud flap behind and nearly ripping it off. Plus they're the most over priced and they make you send in your TTI as cores so if you ever want to revert back to stock you have to spend more money.

So I'd go with either SuperATV or PerformanceATV. I myself am going with SuperATV and I'll just put new axles on as needed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i looked at there website but i didnt see there lift kits on there for super atv. id like to see some pics of people with lifts that have the 15 800r xmr

·
Registered
790 Posts
I went with the CATVOS and for the most part have been happy.

Fit and finish are fine.

Had some trouble with the rear axles overheating, but Turner took care of it.
One front boot split, turner sent me a new boot, but I have to replace it.

Combined it with Elka shocks and the rears have a shorter compressed height, this is causing the rear tires to hit the rear bumper. CATVOS was going to build a 'short' wheelbase version, but after trying he gave up and told me 'is what it is'.

Bike handles great, the faster you go the better it feels. Goes just about anywhere now, can still get stuck, but you gotta be really trying.

Seems to be good kit, doesn't work well with elka stage 4s as they hit all kinds of spots and are too short in the rear.

Also to note, a 4" lift is 4" wider. You will feel like you've taken a mud bath when riding. I put the overfenders on, which did nothing significant (that or it would have been much worse.) Looking into something custom now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts