Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I want to add a small lightbar to my 22 570. The oem lights are 'Adequate' but id like something a bit better to compensate for loosing night vision riding with people who attach a collapsed star to their machines. The main foible i have with this is loosing utility on my front rack. A lot of the light bars ive seen mount to the top of the rack making it hard to put anything large up there. I have 2 ideas and am open to suggestions. I plan to run a nighlight (for now) since theyre cheap and expendable.

Idea 1: Get 2 of the 3-4 inch pod lights and mount them to the existing holes in the front rack. Should keep most of the space on the rack open, and will allow for a quick removal.

idea 2: get a small 6-9 inch bar and hang it under the rack. If there is clearance, i think this is the preferred option as it maintains full rack utility. I am more concerned about keeping utility than all out brightness.

other ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here is what i decided to do. nilight makes clamps that can go around the tubing of the front rack. I got two of those and two 6 inch light bars. Ill attach them to the front of the rack hanging down so i can keep my full rack space. Hopefully it works how i want. not sure how im gonna wire it yet though. Ive seen people just tie them into their OEM headlight wiring since the bars are like 20 watts each, but that seems sketchy.

·
Vendor
121 Posts
Good Morning 04lss,

Do you have photos of the front end of your 570, It would help us see what you are working with space wise?
How worried are you about mounting it to the front end of your vehicle(meaning hitting the lights on things)?
Where do you find you lack light the most, is it distance, up close, and or in cornering or ditch lights?

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Morning 04lss,

Do you have photos of the front end of your 570, It would help us see what you are working with space wise?
How worried are you about mounting it to the front end of your vehicle(meaning hitting the lights on things)?
Where do you find you lack light the most, is it distance, up close, and or in cornering or ditch lights?

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
I have the basic rack, i dont think i have a brush bar at all on it. As for hitting the lights on things, i really dont care. I paid 25 bucks for the pair. If they end of working as a bumper im fine with that.

·
Vendor
121 Posts
I have the basic rack, i dont think i have a brush bar at all on it. As for hitting the lights on things, i really dont care. I paid 25 bucks for the pair. If they end of working as a bumper im fine with that.
Yes, that might work then, I guess it will come down to the size of the light bar, as long as they don't impede on the headlights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts