Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does the Limp Home mode reset itself? I was out breaking in my quad, decided to cross a river. I have a whole 4.5 hours. Got halfway through, h2o up to the lights. All of a sudden the LH message popped up and check engine light started flashing. I was stuck, sandy river bottom. Had to winch out. Got home the dirty air check valve had h2o, drained it. Ran h2o for a good 20-30 seconds. Checked CVT, same thing. After that it ran fine. Think I can wait till my 10 hour service or should I take it in? My 550 Grizzly always made that crossing with no problems. Never had h2o in its CVT. Kind of left me feeling sad about my new 1000 Xmr.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
How did water get inside of the cvt? I was doing my brake in this weekend on my 800 and was in water above the tires and didnt even think bout the cvt..... Mabe the snorkles on ur bike arnt sealed up right. Ill deff be checking over mine now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah something isn't sealed because I've had mine up to the headlights before with no problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I took off the cover on the console, just to do some looking. Should of taken a pic. Anyways, I noticed a bunch of tubing all zip tied together. Are these intakes? They were all open ended. Didn't follow where they went to. Will do that some time soon. Just hope all that h2o didn't ruin anything. Hope I can get my 10 hours in, then take it to get serviced.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Something is not right with your CVT. I have had water over my headlights multiple times without problems with my non snorkeled XT. I bet the Snorkel is not properly sealed where it comes off the CVT housing. Unless of course, the CVT exhaust never got rerouted to the snorkel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
All the little clear tubes zip tied together are all the breather tubes. I've been head lamp deep and sat there and not one issue. Something is not sealed tight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything I could look for and then let my dealer know? Any help would be appreciated. If I have the steps I can figure it out. Or should I take it to the dealer and hope the warranty takes care of it?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Maybe the water got up higher than you thought for a brief moment and entered the tubes then???...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If that's the case, will I be alright to go ahead and finish the break in? Everything seems to have dried out. From what I can check anyways. The intake on the radiator, is that the CVT and the air, or just one of them?

·
Registered
322 Posts
The cone under the plastic upper rad cover is the intake for the cvt The cvt exhaust is on the left side of the pod and the engine air intake is on the right. Check your engine oil for water just to be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts