Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 can am outlander 800r. When I put it in high as soon as I give it throttle and take off it goes into limp home mode. Ive checked the codes and it is p0795. I’ve read up on everything and I’ve cleaned the 4 wires, replaced the speed sensor. It does not go into limp home mode in low gear. I can sit in p r n h l and let it idle and it never goes into limp mode only when I put it in high and take off. I can ride in low as long as I want to and this never happens. I’ve read everything I can find and I’ve done everything. Please help

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome to the site!

First thing I wanna double-check: code P0705 is for the transmission range sensor, not your speed sensor. Did you replace the correct sensor? It looks like pn 420640192 was the sensor you should've gotten/replaced.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Not speaking from experience, but it looks like it's on top of the gearbox, RH side:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I ordered the part you gave me the number to. I got it in today and put it on and it’s still doing the same thing. Anything else I could do?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hmmm, tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery?

Only thing left comes to mind, is an issue within the wiring harness itself, then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the side of the transmission there is 3 more pins that look like the one you gave me a part number to. Should I replace those too?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have you checked to see if your oil pump is seized?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had a very similar issue on my old 2008 Renegade 800 and it ended up being a seized oil pump which then broke the plastic gears. If you pull your clutches and then the PTO cover its behind there. If the plastic gears are broken its your oil pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts