Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I JUST received my 2021 xtp 850 it has 3.5 hours on it and I noticed that the front of my rack is separating at the front. one side is much worse then the other but just more so wondering if this is normal and if there's a way to re adjust it?

crappy picture but this is the front of the front rack. if im not mistaken when i had picked up the bike everything was a flush finish.

its a poor picture but the "bad" side has about an inch of a gap.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i think that bottom pc just snaps in.... its only a hand full of bolts to pull it and pop it back in

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks. im guessing it popped out when i was lugging some stuff up to the camp site. (rought trail) guess ill need to buy some "proper" anchors

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
When you take it off their are 2 longer bolts that go into a brass nut molded into the plastics.. Make sure you do not cross thread them. they are a real bear to get them out after that...,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so just a heads up i took the rack off and they dont clip together. the mount at the bumper was stretched out or installed too low causing it to separate. i took it all apart but in the future all you would need to do is loose the 2 bolts (1 on each side) of where the rack and front bumper mount and pull the rack bottom piece back up and re tighten.

Not sure if it was user error from how i was mounting and strapping things down (definitely did not go over weight though as it was just some camping chairs and a bag of clothes) or if it was just improperly set at the dealer / manufacturer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts