Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve got 2 450 Max’s, even two-up I don’t feel like they lack power. I’m a bit partial to thumpers for off-road duty though, for the KISS aspect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Finding a base model 570 is next to imposible around here without having to put a deposit down on incoming inventory that is usually a month out. I got a call from the local dealer. And the 570 I put a 100 dollar deposit on came in today. I get my bonus on thursday, so hopefully ill be picking it up then. Im excited. if i like the 570 a lot, chances are next year ill try to get a sxs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I'm from Brazil, and here they can also be missing from resellers.

As a curiosity today in Brazil has the can am outlander 450 (1 seat) at a value of approximately 10,300 dollars and the 570 max model (2 seats) at 11,700 dollars.
basic model

I have seen in some forums people saying that the 570 has the same engine as the 650, has anyone heard or read something like that? it is true ?

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
331 Posts
I have seen in some forums people saying that the 570 has the same engine as the 650, has anyone heard or read something like that? it is true ?
They are both V-Twin engines so they share the same engine architecture but they can't be the same. The 570 produces 48 HP while the 650 produces 62 HP.

Reactions: Tork_2000

·
Registered
808 Posts
The 650 and 800 motor uses a 62 mm stroke engine. The 570 uses a 51.4 mm stroke engine. You can put 800 or 650 cylinders on them though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The 650 and 800 motor uses a 62 mm stroke engine. The 570 uses a 51.4 mm stroke engine. You can put 800 or 650 cylinders on them though.

my understanding is that the big bore kit can net your 75hp out of the 570 for like 1700 bucks. Might be something to consider if i really get into it. Ive also noticed that some of the national park trails here in VA wont allow vehicles with more than 50" width on them, so i suppose there are places i can take my ATV i couldnt take a maverick. Made me feel a little better.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yah check out mr rpm and he can hook you up with an 840 kit. It technically won't be an 840 because of the shorter stroke, but I think it would still be a good upgrade. I think all you need beside the 840 bbk is a tuner.

·
Registered
843 Posts
650 is a great motor but I wouldn't consider it if your looking for more power in the future. 570 hangs with 650 till about 60mph then 650 pulls away. Just get a 850 now and be done with it:) 850 is a sweet motor

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will report my experience with consumption between 450 and 570.

I had a 450 and consumed 12 km / L (28 mpg)

Current 570 consumes 7.5 km / L (17.5 mpg)

Both walking on a light trail.

For those in doubt between a 450 and 570 I think it is something to consider.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I should be picking up my 570 on Friday. Ive called around and pretty much no one has one in stock thats a base model. I am going to ask for the oil for my first oil change to be comped, or at least a hat or something. but it looks like im paying msrp

·
Registered
500 Posts
I should be picking up my 570 on Friday. Ive called around and pretty much no one has one in stock thats a base model. I am going to ask for the oil for my first oil change to be comped, or at least a hat or something. but it looks like im paying msrp
Tis the times we are in. MSRP of wait a couple of years. Buy it and a month of 2 from now and it will be for gotten.

Personally, I'd rather do the oil change myself. It is simple and inexpensive and I don't trust mechanics. The only time I pay a mechanic to do some work is if there a is a special tool involved that I don't have to is to expensive for the job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Tis the times we are in. MSRP of wait a couple of years. Buy it and a month of 2 from now and it will be for gotten.

Personally, I'd rather do the oil change myself. It is simple and inexpensive and I don't trust mechanics. The only time I pay a mechanic to do some work is if there a is a special tool involved that I don't have to is to expensive for the job.
Oh, i have no intention of them doing the change. I just want the oil and filter. Ill do it myself. After the break in im strongly considering running amsoil in it. Oddly, this thing takes the same oil as my Audi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Once i have the ATV, i am going to order the Can am snorkel set for it. I also am planning to get a winch and a light bar. (any reccomendations for a cheap one?)
I was hoping to take it to busco beach next week since im on vacation, but they got flooded out, and the rain seems likely to continue :(

·
Registered
2021 Can-Am 570 Outlander
30 Posts
MSRP is just the way it is when they can‘t keep up with the demand. When I picked up my 2021 570 last fall they weren’t willing to talk on the price. They were however willing to give me a 30% discount on accessories. So I picked up a winch, ramps and a box for the back. So you might try and talk them into a discount on your accessories for the next 6 months or so. It never hurts to ask, the worst they can do is say no.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
MSRP is just the way it is when they can‘t keep up with the demand. When I picked up my 2021 570 last fall they weren’t willing to talk on the price. They were however willing to give me a 30% discount on accessories. So I picked up a winch, ramps and a box for the back. So you might try and talk them into a discount on your accessories for the next 6 months or so. It never hurts to ask, the worst they can do is say no.
Good tip!

They have a special on a warn winch installed for 500 bucks, if they drop that price, id be willing to go for it (maybe)

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
359 Posts
And to think, February 26th 2020 I paid $17,400 for my Outty XMR 1000r Max. And the accessories including a 2 axle Bosco meat wagon around an additional $4,000. Now looking at another $5,000 for tracks. Yikes! :whistle:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
And to think, February 26th 2020 I paid $17,400 for my Outty XMR 1000r Max. And the accessories including a 2 axle Bosco meat wagon around an additional $4,000. Now looking at another $5,000 for tracks. Yikes! :whistle:
My brother keeps saying i should get a side by side. The problem is no one has them, and paying MSRP on a 20k purchase hits a lot harder than an 8k purchase. I can suck up the 1k I loose here.

Maybe in a year or two once all the nonsense gets sorted, supply will over do it and there will be some good deals.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
359 Posts
My brother keeps saying i should get a side by side. The problem is no one has them, and paying MSRP on a 20k purchase hits a lot harder than an 8k purchase. I can suck up the 1k I loose here.

Maybe in a year or two once all the nonsense gets sorted, supply will over do it and there will be some good deals.
May want to keep an eye out on any good deals on used rides. Craigslist, ebay, auctions, classifieds.

Besides, with the 300 million CV deaths Obiden claims, should be some great deals! 🤣

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
May want to keep an eye out on any good deals on used rides. Craigslist, ebay, auctions, classifieds.

Besides, with the 300 million CV deaths Obiden claims, should be some great deals! 🤣
With me about to drop 8k on this, probably no time soon. Ive got a few projects i cant neglect either, like turbo charging my old regal, and tuning my s4

21 - 40 of 96 Posts