Can-Am ATV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just so you know, I paid just under $5600 for my brand new base model 570. I sounds like you have the time to search out a deal rather then pay todays seemingly inflated prices.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Just so you know, I paid just under $5600 for my brand new base model 570. I sounds like you have the time to search out a deal rather then pay todays seemingly inflated prices.
When did you get your 570? Ive called every dealer within 200 miles and any of them that have a 570 in stock, are asking at or near MSRP + fees

·
Registered
500 Posts
January 2020. Those deals are gone, but IT IS the price not long ago. Since you are going back and forth on an outlander, an sxs, 450/570/all-else take your time and figure out what you really want and maybe you will come across a price closer to what was only a year ago.

For example: 2000 Polaris Sporetsman 500 H.O 4x4 ATV Like New - One owner - atvs,...

$800, Polaris 500, low mileage, clean, with plow, etc.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would be surprised if this bike ad isn’t a scam. Who would sell something like that at such a low price. Although Montana, I’m guessing you know that. try emailing them and see what they say.
I wonder if he/she just didn't type in the extra zero. I did call soon after I posted and it went to voice mail. No return call. I'm not holding my breath. Scam, I doubt. More likely it is stolen and seller will claim the title was lost. People can buy them and just use them on their ranch. And if they get caught it gets taken away, which might be after several years or use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I went and checked out that maverick, i liked it. Dude didnt tell me till i drove 2 hours there that he has a lean on the title. Hes going to call the bank tomorrow and see how that works. Im trying not to get excited.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I see you posted on the maverick forums about engagement of the clutch. I think engagement on that should be around 1900 rpms.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I see you posted on the maverick forums about engagement of the clutch. I think engagement on that should be around 1900 rpms.

Yeah, i think im going to steer clear. It feels bad because i shook the guys hand on a price. But I just have a bad feeling about that one in my stomach. It doesnt seem like the machine should have to put in effort to get moving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I messaged the guy this morning. Bottom line if its normal its not going to let me ride how i want, (especially with a loud exhaust) If its not normal i cant blow my entire budget on it and not have cash left to fix it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
It was really jerky at lower RPM, the clutch didnt seem to engage until about 3000 rpm, and it would catch, jerk the bike, release, then catch again etc. If i gave it more throttle it smoothed out. this might be normal, the mav forum is split on this. Its 2 fold. If its normal, i dont want to deal with it, because i want easy low rpm engagement like i had on my ATVs. If its not normal then I wont have money left over to fix it. Ive never driven a sxs before, I just didnt like what i felt. I was expecting it to engage like my old atvs, and that may be a mistake on my part.

·
Registered
808 Posts
If it was still real jerky in low then something isn't right. My defenders are smooth in high and low.

·
Registered
6 Posts
referring to the 570 having 650 engine, I found in the 2020 model manual:

¨Models 570 (NRMM Models) ¨ where it says that it has a 650 cc engine.

Does anyone know what this NRMM model is all about?

Vou tentar colocar uma imagem do manual onde diz

Engine 570 - 650 .jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Im looking to get into a 4x4 ATV. After research, input from friends etc, ive landed on a can am outlander. Either a 450 or a 570. I have about 8k to spend max. (out the door, taxes etc)
I have a few questions for owners. The MSRP out the door price for the 570 is at the top of my budget, and id like to be able to get a few accessories like a winch/snorkel, which is why im considering the 450. Might be important to note, im a big dude, like 350. I plan to do trails like hatfield mccoy, some beach riding, and some light to moderate mud, but mud isnt my focus. Reliability and capability are my two biggest metrics. Speed really doesnt matter all that much. As long as i can manage 45 or so im good.

1. is there a big difference between the 450 and the 570 in terms of how they ride/drive/deal with mud/obstacles ?
2. Is one engine more reliable than the other?
3. If i wanted to step up to 27s or so, would the 450 be fine for those?
4. does the 450 have the same magneto as the 570?
5. Any of you who have purchased were you able to negotiate pricing? I was quoted 8130 out the door for a 570 and about 750 less for a 450. If i can get a few hundred off the 570, then that seals the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Im looking to get into a 4x4 ATV. After research, input from friends etc, ive landed on a can am outlander. Either a 450 or a 570. I have about 8k to spend max. (out the door, taxes etc)
I have a few questions for owners. The MSRP out the door price for the 570 is at the top of my budget, and id like to be able to get a few accessories like a winch/snorkel, which is why im considering the 450. Might be important to note, im a big dude, like 350. I plan to do trails like hatfield mccoy, some beach riding, and some light to moderate mud, but mud isnt my focus. Reliability and capability are my two biggest metrics. Speed really doesnt matter all that much. As long as i can manage 45 or so im good.

1. is there a big difference between the 450 and the 570 in terms of how they ride/drive/deal with mud/obstacles ?
5. Any of you who have purchased were you able to negotiate pricing? I was quoted 8130 out the door for a 570 and about 750 less for a 450. If i can get a few hundred off the 570, then that seals the deal.
Hi All,

I would shop for used. I picked up a 2018 650 XMR for $8300 and change. You can add a winch after market for a couple of hundred and DIY. I do agree that you should stick with no less a 570, you will want the power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I drove a commander last night. I loved it. Nice and smooth, (the maverick i drove definitely had an issue) 2012 1000x ~330 hours. 7250. I gave the guy a 100 dollar deposit and im heading back up tonight to get it. Plastics are in great shape, has a Cert of Origin. Its 200 miles away which stinks. Guy let me d rive it around his farm through mud, etc. Im getting a sxs with a bigger engine a winch and a light bar for 1k less than the 570 cant beat that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Sounds like a good deal. Make sure there isn’t any width restrictions where you plan to ride.
Ill mostly be looking to ride with my friends who have rzrs, there are a few national park trails that have restrictions, but there are a good number around here that are open to OHV as a class.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts