Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and hoping you can give me some advice. I am in the market for a new quad. I have been going back and forth from looking at new and used. I found a 2014 Outlander 650 XT with 1000 miles and 200 hours, winch and plow included. What things should I be looking for that could be red flags or positives? I have him down to $5000 for the price. I rode it and nothing was glaring as far as defects. He said it has never been rolled or in deep water/mud. He claims he just used it to plow a long driveway. The body seems straight. I noticed the left rear fender doesn't have the "Can Am" decal on it...not sure what that is about. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
5000 is fair. 650 is a great motor, check seals where drive shaft goes into diff and trans, common for them to leak. Check frame for any big dents, damage etc... That's pretty low miles so bushings/bearings should still be good. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Outty. I looked at all of that when I drove it and everything looked dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts