Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When checking the tie-down straps while trailering my quad yesterday I luckily found a bolt on the trailer that must've just fallen out from the quad. After a search today, I found its missing spot - the water pump housing directly above the hose inlet. Its only dumb luck that I found the bolt as the dirt road I was on would've bounced it off if I'd have gone 10 feet further.

Has anybody else found loose/missing bolts on their machines? I tried just about every other bolt I could reach and they were all tight. I haven't checked the other side out yet (ran out of time) but I'm sure I found the right spot for it and I'm hopeful there are no others missing.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Good thing you found the bolt, and where it came from as well.

I have lost a trailer gate bolt on back bumpy dirt roads, when i had my last trailer, never found it either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
actually I was checking my straps aswell and found a bolt missing that attaches the front bumper to the frame, right above where the winch "hole" is, found the other one extreamly loose :S but this was a day or 2 after first service, maybe no loc tight on the bolts? :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts