Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some help diagnosing an electrical issue on my quad. When I'm running my hand warmers and lights at idle, the low battery voltage light appears! At first I didn't think it was an issue because I know the charging system on these quads are weak, but as soon as I try using my winch under load, it throws the quad into limp mode home!

I have a 2010 Renegade 800r, no dps. I've installed a warn 2500 winch and hand warmers. I replaced the battery with a Deka 20l. After running some tests at the battery, my quad is putting out 13.5-14.3 dc volts at idle. It does increase with additional rpm. However, when I turn my heated grips on and the lights on the dc volts fluctuate between 12.3-12.6. My buddy has a 500 renegade with warmers and a winch and his constantly puts out 14 dc volts at the battery regardless of the lights/warmers on. His seems to hold steady? We swapped the rectifiers and still the same readings on my quad...any ideas?? I even disconnected the winch and warmers to ensure they weren't drawing and I still have the fluctuation in dc volts at idle - 13.4-14.3.

I also checked resistance in the stator and all terminals are around .2ohms. My stator is also putting out 16.8-18 ac volts at idle and 40+ ac volts at 4000rpm. Manual states that it should be between 10-25 ac volts at 4000rpm, but my buddies quad tests the same.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts