Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. New to the forum but not new to Can Am. I've been around this forum over the years but never posted.

Anyways, I have searched but can't seem to find a comparison between LTE and Big Gun Exo not the Evo. I'm very familiar with the LTE with a few of my buddies have them and sound great. Just wondering if anyone has heard first hand both exhausts in person. I can get the Big Gun for about $100 cheaper and wondering if it sounds close to the LTE.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Go with the big gun exo, amazing looking pipe for the money and quality is up there. It's actually by far one of the most stylish slipons for the new outlanders. The LTE are a great sounding pipe as well but out of the 2 systems I would chose the Biggun even if it was $100 more then the LTE.
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Muffler

·
Registered
62 Posts
Big gun sounds louder and raspier in comparison. Nothing going to sound bad on our bikes man it just comes down to personal preference. As far as my choice, both of those are down the list of pipes I would buy if I were in the market for one. If your on the fence, I would just wait until you save up for the one you really want and go there. I have sound clips of looney tuned slip on which I had previosly, a friends hmf duals, muzzy duals, looney tuned, and that's all i can think of if you need a sound video. I know this doesn't answer your question completely but I hope it helps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only heard the big gun on a Polaris and it sounded pretty amazing. It had a nascar deep rumble sound. But I never hear them on Can Ams. I think I'm going to order it next week and give it a go. Too many LTEs and HMFs around me and want to try something different.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Go with the big gun exo, amazing looking pipe for the money and quality is up there. It's actually by far one of the most stylish slipons for the new outlanders. The LTE are a great sounding pipe as well but out of the 2 systems I would chose the Biggun even if it was $100 more then the LTE.
View attachment 26731

Before you modified your big gun how would you rate it for noise level compared to a lte slip on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Thats awesome that the big gun is impressive and cheap.

My buddy had a Big Gun on his Sportsman and it was complete trash, leaked when it was brand new between the body and riveted end caps.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It was my first biggun exhaust, mind you I was very skeptical because I've never heard a whole lot of positive reviews but it's worth the money for sure, also read into the company as it has changed ownership a few times and the current owners are striving to make a better product hence the EXO line of exhaust, also they are supposed to have bought out Bill's Pipes which has been known for its MX exhaust years ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went through 3 Big Guns on my 400 before I gave up on them, that must have been when they were switching owners, it was 2 or 3 years ago. All of them had quality isusses and customer service was sub-par. All the ones I got back from warranty work had another issue within a month. Not knocking the new ones or the 4x4 ones though since they look good, hopefully things are getting better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I honestly think big gun is louder than looney tuned. At least before the packing gets wet in looney tuned then it's unbearable.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I honestly think big gun is louder than looney tuned. At least before the packing gets wet in looney tuned then it's unbearable.

Which biggun model pipe? Can't be the Exo because it is waaaaay to quiet for me, even the modified one with zero restriction is still fairly quiet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quality can't be so bad, my Polaris buddy has it on his machine since 2009. Another buddy has it on a Kodiak every since I've known him 4 years. I just want a pipe that has the sound of authority. Big and mean. I want a real mans pipe. lol..

Love the machine MGRAM, looks like you really take pride in your machine. You have me sold.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Muzzy is a nice looking pipe, but didn't make the cut in our group. Just not load enough, all the other pipes overpowered it in sound. We had one guy with a dual slip-on and was never happy. Around us anyway and he was gay. So we always joke around about him and his pipe. So for that reason no one dares to get a muzzy.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Oh boy.........
There is a problem with companies that steal exhaust designs, they can't put tires on the right way.
Neil's Power Pipes actually designed the dual renegade exhaust as well, the foreign company follows Neil to take his creative designs since Neil is an innovator and very passionate about our sport, also Neil was in a motocross accident that left him paralyzed but working out of a wheel chair he still designs systems like this.
http://www.npowerperformance.com
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Exhaust system

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
RJWC gonna owe a few $$$ for that plug. Thats how they roll…...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts