Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...I have a 2013 Outlander 650XT. It has about 500 miles on it. Bought it from dealer with 200 miles on it and before I purchased they did the complete fluid change. 10 hour service I think its called.

I am obviously going to change the oil in it but do you think I need to change other fluids? It does not get mudded...of course has been in some but not bad. I'm changing the bushings to Garage products and getting some skid plate protection and I think the CVT filter.

Anything else you reccommend? Thanks...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow, I have on more miles than that and I just bought mine in Febutary, and my ATV is parked more than 200 miles from where I live, lol

But anyway, if you only have 300 miles on your oil, I'd say there should be no need to change it. You should be able to get in track with oil changes according to the manual. Unless you're not confedent the dealer changed ALL the fluids.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would change everything, I don't trust any one but myself with my toys. Then you know exactly what fluids are in it and when they were done. For a few bucks, it's worth it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will probably change all as it will be apart anyways.

And I looked again. I put 484 miles on it last year.

And Jetsnake...my 2012 snowmobile just turned over 14,000 miles. Pretty solid. But then I can ride both right from my house. So yeah, the 4-wheeler is more gently used!

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dang, that's some pretty good riding on a sled.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Get a service manual, worth it's weight in gold. There was links around for the 2012 which is the same for almost everything.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, what the others said. If nothing else, changing everything will gain you familiarity with the machine.

Plus it's super nice to work on a machine when it's not yet crusty and dusty!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Anything I buy used gets a full fluid change. Never can trust people out there. Axle,engine,gear box and filter will run you around 70.00 for all synthetic oils. Brand will depend on price. I put rotella T engine oil in mine and valvoline gear oil. So far at almost 800 miles all all good!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I would change everything too, oil is cheaper than a new engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts