Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outlander? Have a chance to get some brand new fox podium 2.0 shocks and springs from a maverick trail. 21" eye to eye , front and back.
I am wanting to fit them to a 2006 max, with a strut to A arm conversion on the front.
I dont thing the back will be much of a problem, just the front. I can cut/ reweld brackets as needed and fab up parts if nececessary.
Any advice / feedback/ thoughts? This would be pretty much like the space I stall in the end wouldn't it?
The bike is a farm/ trail machine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,522 Posts
First thing that popped into my mind is the valving and spring rate differences

That maverick's prolly twice the weight of that outty, the springs and struts would have been designed for that application.

I'd be concerned you could "soften" them up enough to get any suspension movement at all after install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing that popped into my mind is the valving and spring rate differences

That maverick's prolly twice the weight of that outty, the springs and struts would have been designed for that application.

I'd be concerned you could "soften" them up enough to get any suspension movement at all after install.
I was considering that too, but like I said, the quad is used for utility 90% of the time, so carrying a fair bit of weight. Has a winch and dual batteries mounted up front

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts