Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slashed a rear tire this weekend that I don't think a patch will stay put on and Id rather not plug it.. So I get on the internet to find a 27x11x12 Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 Radial and it seems wherever Can Am gets this tire from is holding out for Can Am only. Seems they make it in every other size but a 27x11x12.. Help anyone? I may end up having to get 4 new tires but I really hate to do it after only having the Maverick 5 days.. Please let me know if anyone knows where I can find one.. Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you do get new tires,upgrade don't get the 2.0s. They're a lighter tire with weaker sidewalls. There's a lot better tire out there.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Can am has monopoly on that tire.
Those tires are known for flats

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
That is an unusual size. I've noticed that most tires for a 12" wheel run even number widths where as 14" run odd number widths. Not sure why, but that seems to be the pattern.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I would never have believed it but I still haven't had to plug any of the tires on my Maverick. I know they are supposed to be weak so I have been running 13 psi in them. So far so good.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Soooo, hows the ride at 13 psi?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What Tires? Help

Thanks for the info guys! As mentioned above the 2.0s are weak and trouble. From what ive gathered the maxxis bighorn originals are stronger, which im a fan of. The ITP Blackwater Evolution has also got my attention along with the STI Roctane. Im thinking of going 28x10 all around rather than 30x10 because I dont have power steering yet and dont want to take away from performance with 30's and have to get new clutches. If anyone can lead me in one direction about Bighorn Originals vs ITP Blackwater Evo vs STI Roctane or even 28x10 vs 30x10 let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
The 2.0 is light, so thats always good!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I slashed a rear tire this weekend that I don't think a patch will stay put on and Id rather not plug it.. So I get on the internet to find a 27x11x12 Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 Radial and it seems wherever Can Am gets this tire from is holding out for Can Am only. Seems they make it in every other size but a 27x11x12.. Help anyone? I may end up having to get 4 new tires but I really hate to do it after only having the Maverick 5 days.. Please let me know if anyone knows where I can find one.. Thanks!
The dealer can get you one, #705501817.

The Renegade's front ATR tire was special made for Can Am. Wasn't available from the regular outlets for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Not sure where your hole is in the rear tire but I have put plugs in tons of tires without any problems.

The STI Rocktane tires would be a good fit for your maverick. They are an 8 ply rated radial that is super tough.

Here is a photos of one of our manager's ride with 28x10R-14 STI Rocktane tires all the way around at Moab. They preformed excellent.

STI Tires Roctane XD tires listed by size

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Discount tire! I really like the STI Roctane, im just kind of weary of the weight, from what Ive seen its heavy tire and im not wanting to sacrifice performance. Im trying to find a medium there between durability and performance. Thanks

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
What machine are you putting them on? What size are you looking for? We have been very pleased with the performance of this tire so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought two 27 11 r12 from Ebay for my Commander x Can Am Commander MU10 27x11x12 inch Rear Tire Bighorn 2 0 705501186 Free SHIP | eBay Also I run STI Rocktane XD on my Maverick 30x10 R14. I love my STi Rocktane with the 3 inch bolt on lift and soften up the shocks your all set. The clutch is redone for my elevation and tire size. My clearence is 17.5 inches. Didnt lose any bottom end launch but top speed came down to 68 mph. Not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
IMO you wouldn't have to get 4 new tires, just get 2 new tires for the rear if you are sticking with stock sizes. Wouldn't look that bad and you would still have a spare. :smilietwocents:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts