Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if they have done the rollover testing on the Max in Ontario,Canada?A guy on another site claims it has been done and it failed.If that's the case then they'll never be road legal here.
If anyone has info on this could you let me know where you found it?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Let me borrow a max and I'll test it out for you!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Anyone know if they have done the rollover testing on the Max in Ontario,Canada?A guy on another site claims it has been done and it failed.If that's the case then they'll never be road legal here.

I've seen that a lot but don't buy it. My Max with two people on it runs wicked.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I've seen that a lot but don't buy it. My Max with two people on it runs wicked.
From what I hear they didn't even test it with 2 people on it.Just the driver sitting on it on their test bed( a platform that they tilt until it flops over).It sits higher so it flops over quicker than regular Outty so therefore it's not safe for the road.Any wandering no mind that's trail or road ridden a Max 1-up or 2-up could tell you that they are just as stable or more stable in some circumstances than a regular Outty.Government BS at it's finest.Canoe's are tippy(most people know not to stand up in them)maybe they should be illegal on our lakes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
From what I hear they didn't even test it with 2 people on it.Just the driver sitting on it on their test bed( a platform that they tilt until it flops over).It sits higher so it flops over quicker than regular Outty so therefore it's not safe for the road.Any wandering no mind that's trail or road ridden a Max 1-up or 2-up could tell you that they are just as stable or more stable in some circumstances than a regular Outty.Government BS at it's finest.Canoe's are tippy(most people know not to stand up in them)maybe they should be illegal on our lakes.

Careful they might read that and they will become illegal :/

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I did some roll over testing

I rolled my 2012 1000 xt outty a couple weeks ago.
I spun out in the snow and hit a dry patch and she rolled over sideways!
I can attest to the weight of the 1000 xt you guys with the scales are right.
IT IS HEAVY!
I have 4 broken ribs to let me know for sure it is heavy.
I will not be riding for the next couple months. I will have my atv in the shop for skid plates, snorkel kit and a few other goodies.
Slightly off topic but a roll test was done by me and I failed!:th_smiliefrustrated

I am a hefty guy and was trying to figure out if my size/ weight helped or hurt. Any of you mathimations out there care to tell me the force when 6'2" 250 lb guy flys 6 feet in the air and lands on his ribs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts