Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still researching, but I'm considering a Max XT-P 800 or 1000. Question, can these machines handle really slow moving without overheating? There would be times where my inexperienced wife and daughter would just putt around on it at slow speeds, while my son and I would ride our dirt bikes. What's best, run them in Low under 15 mph? Also, am I correct in assuming that the 800 would run cooler than the 1000, or is that a fallacy? Anyone know when better incentives might start on the 2015's? Dealers aren't moving very much on prices for them, so I'm not sure what's a good deal. Thanks for any tips or advice!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I've got a 1000 xmr and ride slow most of the time with zero issues...All of the big bore can ams run hot...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Still researching, but I'm considering a Max XT-P 800 or 1000. Question, can these machines handle really slow moving without overheating? There would be times where my inexperienced wife and daughter would just putt around on it at slow speeds, while my son and I would ride our dirt bikes. What's best, run them in Low under 15 mph? Also, am I correct in assuming that the 800 would run cooler than the 1000, or is that a fallacy? Anyone know when better incentives might start on the 2015's? Dealers aren't moving very much on prices for them, so I'm not sure what's a good deal. Thanks for any tips or advice!
I have a 13 max 1000 and it ran hot until I put a fuel controller and a pipe on it . The difference is unbelievable you can run it slow all day and the difference power is great .:aniwheeler6:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts