Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 2013 Can-Am Outlander Max 800R XT-P with the default tires and wheels, but I like to buy Maxxis Zilla, but, What's the best option?

Option 1:
- Front: 27x10x14
- Rear: 27x12x14

Option 2:
- Front: 28x9x14
- Rear: 28x11x14

Somebody with pics?

Thanks for any suggestions. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Zillas run an inch short mounted if you want 27s get 28s.

·
Registered
733 Posts
id just get the mega mayhems, virtuarlly the same but you get 1 1/2 inch lugs with the mega's, ive had both mega's are a better tire imo

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
27" or 28" zillas on 14" wheels will give you a very short sidewall I have 28's on 12" wheels on my Grizzly.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

·
Registered
647 Posts
Is there a difference between zilla and mudzilla? Stock mudzilla is 28 for my wheeler and they work well. Little rough at low speed on hard pack and tend to find ruts in a hole and on trail but they dig and get the job done.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Mudzillas are different than zillas. Zillas are a lighter tire with a slightly different tread pattern and shorter lug. Zillas are a trail / mud tire where as Mudzillas are Maxxis' true mud tire.

·
Registered
733 Posts
if you decide to go with option 2 i have 4 mounted on 650xmr wheels.
pm me for price.
im assuming you're talking about your stock take off's, if so those are mud zilla's, alot different than the zilla

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Are you going to 27 or 28's for any specific reason?
They are great for clearance, and looks, but they also have some drawbacks.

Drawbacks are, you will want/need clutching changes, the tires are heavier, so it will make it slower, they are harder to turn!

I'm not knocking the bigger tires, but just be aware of these things before you pull the trigger on them!

The big tires look awesome, but I was not willing to have all the drawbacks from them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 2013 outlander 800 xt and i went with 28"x10x12 and 28x12x12 Zillas on my bike. These are not much heavier then the stockers and don't rob power. I am still running stock clutching at moment and this thing wheelies and handles them like they are stock ones still. I have ran many tires from mega mayhems, to silverbacks and laws. I plan on running a clutch kit like a Dalton or Qsc for Hardcore mudding but the weight of these tires i wouldn't be worried one bit in a 28" and they do measure smaller by about a inch. I have ran 28"x12" rim, 28"x14" rim and also 30" Zillas and like i said your bike will handle these tires with ease. Good luck on your purchase and if you have any further questions shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
X2 to what Walleye said.

Zillas are very light. 28/10/12 are only 26 pounds and 28/12/12 are 27.6 pounds. Keep in mind that they do run almost an inch shorter than the stated size. I have them on my Grizzly 700 and my wife's Grizzly 550. They both turned them just fine. Only a slight decrease in power when I switched to them from stock. You have twice the HP on tap and are trying to decide between stock size or an inch bigger and about the same weight as stock. You will not NEED any clutch mods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks to all for your replies.

The ideal for me was to buy Maxxis Zilla 28x12x14, but don't exist in the market, then I have these two options I mentioned.

My intention is to occupy in mud, but also in town (asphalt) and the Maxxis Zilla are perfect, but I have to find the ideal measures.

Therefore, I must sacrifice height or width. By default my Can-Am has 26x8x12 and 26x10x12.
I want more height and width, but proportionally and as there not exist 28x12x14, I need choose one of the two options.

I hope to explain well.

Thaaaaanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And....
Can I put four tires of the same size?

For example:
4 Zillas 30x11x14 on wheels 14x6 or 14x7.5

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Yes, you can go with all the same size skinny or wide. Just make sure you use the same height of tire all the way around.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Depends on if you go with skinny or wide tires. Use the 6" if you go with a skinny tire or the 7.5 for the wide tires (assuming you are going with the 30" Zillas.) Keep in mind that the shorter tires on 14" wheels will have a very short sidewall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Depends on if you go with skinny or wide tires. Use the 6" if you go with a skinny tire or the 7.5 for the wide tires (assuming you are going with the 30" Zillas.) Keep in mind that the shorter tires on 14" wheels will have a very short sidewall.
Perfect, but can I put wheels 14x7.5 on front? Any problem?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 2013 outlander 800 xt and i went with 28"x10x12 and 28x12x12 Zillas on my bike. These are not much heavier then the stockers and don't rob power. I am still running stock clutching at moment and this thing wheelies and handles them like they are stock ones still. I have ran many tires from mega mayhems, to silverbacks and laws. I plan on running a clutch kit like a Dalton or Qsc for Hardcore mudding but the weight of these tires i wouldn't be worried one bit in a 28" and they do measure smaller by about a inch. I have ran 28"x12" rim, 28"x14" rim and also 30" Zillas and like i said your bike will handle these tires with ease. Good luck on your purchase and if you have any further questions shoot me a pm.
did you have to lift your 4wheeler to fit the zillas?

·
Registered
632 Posts
28's only need a trim of the fenders a bit not sure on 30's

Don't even think abot the 27's I wish I had went 30's

·
Registered
185 Posts
28's only need a trim of the fenders a bit not sure on 30's

Don't even think abot the 27's I wish I had went 30's
im looking to go 27's lol. im trying to avoid a lift or trimming still owe 11k on my 650 xt and dont want to mess with it to heavly. just not sure if the the 27's will rub.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts