Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a MBRP single slip on exhaust. Part number : AT-9209PT to put on my 2018 850cc Outlander. They clam you don't need a fuel programmer for this slip-on. Was wondering if anyone else on here was running one with or without a programmer.

Thank you!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I GOT ONE WITH MY HMF EXHAUST AND HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. AFTER FARTING AROUND WITH IT FOR A FEW MONTHS I DISCOVERED THAT IT HAD GOTTEN WET AND SHORTED OUT. (THEY SAY ITS WATERPROOF, YA RIGHT) I RIPPED IT OUT AND MY MACHINE RAN LIKE NEW AGAIN. JUST MY 2 CENTS. :cool:

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,340 Posts
Word on the street is those newer bikes run super lean from the factory, hell a tuner's almost a necessity whether or not you do anything to the exhaust.

Reactions: Matts175

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thank you! Also another question I have is if I bring my ATV into a dyno shop do I need a fuel programmer for the dyno people to adjust my air fuel mixtures? Or can they make adjustments without a fuel tuner?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Ok thank you! Also another question I have is if I bring my ATV into a dyno shop do I need a fuel programmer for the dyno people to adjust my air fuel mixtures?
Yes , you may also need to weld bungs into the head pipes for their O2 sensors .
Depends on the shop .
But you definitely need a controller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts