Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Can-Am Outlander 850 XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I’ve seen some issues like this here before. Noticed my absorber to my rear left shock is meted, top of the shock as well. Less then 20 hours on the machine. Will the dealership take care of this? Looks like the muffler pipe runs right by it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
holy hell. I've seen this before too... I'd suggest a fuel mapper or flash for sure. Might need to make a custom shield too. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: vallejos1

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Wrap that exhaust with header wrap or it will keep on happening, you can also address the heat issue with a ECM flash as well but you should do both.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I told myself that I was going to wait for the 6 months warranty to expire and also get use to the bigger motor but damn I’m doing both ASAP. Flash and header wrap top of the list!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You all think the octane rating of the fuel will make a difference?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrap that exhaust with header wrap or it will keep on happening, you can also address the heat issue with a ECM flash as well but you should do both.
I hadn't thought of an ECM flash, but both make sense.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Mine is a 2020 would fuel mapping void any warranty?
I've read lots of others have done this because they run so lean from factory.
That I don't know, but you could always unplug a fuel mapper before bringing it in for warranty work, they'd be none the wiser.

These things run lean from the factory for sure. My Monster FI flash has helped with the heat in 2 ways : fan comes on more soon and more fuel.

I also have the XMR heat shield which has helped with heat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After pulling all the plastic off last night I also have a jacked up shock like above, I have the melted fender from another post and it looks like I also have the melted valve cover from another post. Oh and all my brakes are worn to the backers. Either I beat the hell out of this thing or these are just flaws in the design. 2019 570 with 600 miles. Kind of irritating to say the least but after reading all these posts I will tune up the machine to stop all this. New Valve covers, brakes, header tape, reflash, etc... Bonus, I get to do all this to the wife's machine as well...

·
Registered
669 Posts
JEsus man. Machine got hot for sure.

When you do the valve covers, replace them with aluminum. I just did mine. I didn't have to remove any exhaust pipes, just the shielding on the left hand side.

I have a thread for where my 850 fan died, there's pics in there, go check it out. I also upgraded the water neck to aluminum as well since I had to drain the coolant for the radiator relocate.

I got my water necks and valve covers from mr. rpm, I got new gaskets for all as well from cheapcycle parts.com. CanAm Parts guy has kits too.

Reactions: vallejos1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After pulling all the plastic off last night I also have a jacked up shock like above, I have the melted fender from another post and it looks like I also have the melted valve cover from another post. Oh and all my brakes are worn to the backers. Either I beat the hell out of this thing or these are just flaws in the design. 2019 570 with 600 miles. Kind of irritating to say the least but after reading all these posts I will tune up the machine to stop all this. New Valve covers, brakes, header tape, reflash, etc... Bonus, I get to do all this to the wife's machine as well...
Damn........Good luck man.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Barbed, I read your instructions on how to get to the rear valve cover and I did note the water necks as well. I will end up getting all of the above and getting after it. You guys are awesome.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks Barbed, I read your instructions on how to get to the rear valve cover and I did note the water necks as well. I will end up getting all of the above and getting after it. You guys are awesome.
No problem. I’d do it in the order i did. Makes the most sense. Also wash the engine area good before removing the covers and necks. Get all new gaskets, valve cover gaskets, gasket for water necks and bleeder gaskets. It may look like you can’t get the left hand side (while sitting on the bike) valve out, but you will. On the right hand side, I removed the clamp on the water neck, which gives you just enough room to pull up on the hose junction so you can sneak the right hand side valve cover out.

There are good people out here to teach you. I’ve learned some as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks again Barbed. Once I get into that I will replace the gaskets for sure and I will say that when looking at the quad it appears that the rear one is buried but I have a lot more confidence about this the more I read and look at it so thanks again.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
Just knowing what we know now, they're obviously design flaws, but also linked in their nature, so I wouldn't worry you're "beating the hell out of it". The ridiculously strict emissions laws imposed by the EPA, BRP did a pretty horrible job of writing their fuel map in response to, so the bikes run lean and hot as a result. So you get the melted plastics melted bumpstops etc as a result. And then the brake pads are just cheap and melt quickly, they're just trying to put something on there that doesn't squeal or squeak, and since it's a wear item not warranty-able, "good enough to get it out the parking lot" is good enough for them

·
Registered
669 Posts
My race driven pads will squeak here and there, but not bad by any means. Usually after water for a 1 pull.

Race car brakes squeak. I don't care as long as it works :)

I replaced my stock pads with 500 miles on them as I didn't want brake issues. They were still good. Stupid factory "organic" pads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like the dealership is going to replace it. Also suggested that I wrap the exhaust pipe.............

1 - 20 of 21 Posts