Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last addition to lighting is the front light bar. I originally decided not to add one to this Outlander but started thinking how much it helped out on my old one. After looking through countless LED‘s I went with this style using the round lights to better fit in with the round factory headlights. Once the style was figured out I then had to figure a way to cleanly mount the light so I didn’t have to drill holes in the bumper. Fortunately, it all worked out and I am happy with the outcome and it can be turned back to original with no ill affects to the front bumper too.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
I'm worried this could be blocking too much air for the radiator to be able to do its job. I'm also exploring where to install my bar, and I ruled out this location, even though it's convenient, for fear of starving the radiator from fresh air. Summers get pretty hot here and I don't want to risk it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kusa

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
155 Posts
I'm worried this could be blocking too much air for the radiator to be able to do its job. I'm also exploring where to install my bar, and I ruled out this location, even though it's convenient, for fear of starving the radiator from fresh air. Summers get pretty hot here and I don't want to risk it.
I’m not sure that it’ll have too much of an effect on air reaching the radiator as it’s not totally obstructing the grill area, air can still pass around the light, and it’ll be possible to monitor the temperature in real time from the menu setting on the display. Do the 20/21 models have the same hot running issues that I’m reading about affecting the earlier years anyway?

I think it’s a really good installation that gets away from the ‘add on’ look associated with most light bar mounts. (y)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about air flow but my old one had it in the same place and never had an issue so should be fine on this one. The bumper also came with two sets of mounting holes for lights so the factory in my opinion was not overly concerned I would venture. Will keep an eye on it though.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
That's how it should be done. Blocking air to rad is a no no.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I’m not sure that it’ll have too much of an effect on air reaching the radiator as it’s not totally obstructing the grill area, air can still pass around the light, and it’ll be possible to monitor the temperature in real time from the menu setting on the display. Do the 20/21 models have the same hot running issues that I’m reading about affecting the earlier years anyway?

I think it’s a really good installation that gets away from the ‘add on’ look associated with most light bar mounts. (y)
with the light their you have redirected allot of airflow around the grill area... Same concept as adding a bug deflector to the hood of you car. that little 1" lip redirects allot of the air flow up and over your windshield. The 20/21 are worse that the older units as they changed the tuning to get more HP out of them and they leaned them right out

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
Methinks some of y'all are over thinking the whole "airflow/blocking" angle, I don't suspect Merkel will have any issues.

It's not like he plugged that whole center section of his bumper there

Reactions: Orion

·
Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
284 Posts
Methinks some of y'all are over thinking the whole "airflow/blocking" angle, I don't suspect Merkel will have any issues.

I don’t think it will actually hurt anything but I’m betting the fan will come on more often on warm days.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Go block of 3/4 of your grill with cardboard and let me know if u see a difference

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 850 Max XT-P
8 Posts
A nice thin light, exactly what I'm looking at, except white LEDs.
They have white as well, bought it from AliExpress. I ride mostly in the day so I matched the bars just for visibility.

C$ 26.86 46% Off | 6D Lens Super Slim Led Bar Offroad 30W 60W 90W 120W 150W For Car Uaz 12V 24V Tractor Suv Truck Boat 4WD 4x4 ATV Led Work Lights

1 - 20 of 41 Posts