Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Rancher Owners,

I have discovered a cheap way to gain more power from Honda Ranchers. All you need to do is add two Folgers Coffee cans to the exhaust of your Rancher, and you will get a louder sound from your exhaust and more power from your engine. It might sound crazy, but keep reading this. I have tested this idea at a Minnesota ATV trail called "Red Top". While I was there, I noticed an increase in power from my Rancher. My theory is that mounting coffee cans behind your exhaust creates more back pressure on the engine. This causes the engine to work a little harder and use a little more gas. The extra gas that is used by the engine will create more power from every stroke. Please see the attachment on how this idea works. If you have any questions or comments on this idea, or if you can think of a way to get more power, please reply.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,413 Posts
Folgers welcome to the forum.

Interesting idea you have there but most of usjust add an aftermarket pipe which reduces back pressure to make more horsepower. This works with cars/trucks too. A more free flowing exhaust increases fuel economy and makes more power.

I understand it needs some back pressure but I always thought too much would hurt performance and run too rich. Can you explain why your idea increases hp?

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
I don't think that this idea is working the way you see it to. Of course that is just my opinion. You need a more free flowing exhaust to add hp gains like Outlandish said. By restricting the exhaust flow you may be dropping your hp, although it may make it sound better. If you want to get some hp gains, I would add a slip on aftermarket pipe, jet kit, and high performance air filter.:2cent:

·
The Enforcer
10,145 Posts
zac41 wrote:
. If you want to get some hp gains, I would add a slip on aftermarket pipe, jet kit, and high performance air filter.:2cent:
Sheesh Zac thats exatly what he did he added a slip on coffee can and custom coffee filters and now he JETS around ZRRRRRRROOOOOMMM hee hee

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:exac

·
Registered
703 Posts
zac41 wrote:
I don't think that this idea is working the way you see it to. Of course that is just my opinion. You need a more free flowing exhaust to add hp gains like Outlandish said. By restricting the exhaust flow you may be dropping your hp, although it may make it sound better. If you want to get some hp gains, I would add a slip on aftermarket pipe, jet kit, and high performance air filter.:2cent:
I 100% Agree with you, The most important thing for HP gain is MASS AIR FLOW!!

If you wanna jet around cut the exhaust off before the muffler!Sure itll blow your eardums and get you many Fines and pee off your neighbours! But dang you'll be cruising!

No but seriously... My friend has a 350HP VW Golf, He was hoping forat least370HP On the Dyno But his exhaust he had just couldnt deal with the air being blow from the Twin Turbo's. So whats he do? Buys a bigger exhaust, And he says whats the heck bigger turbo's too. Look out for a 400HP+ Street legalVW Golf in a town near you! lol. Moral of the story is, The faster the air goes in and out, the faster your going to go..

You remind me exactly of the guys around town that take a slip on exhaust tipand put it on their honda civics and chevy cavaliers and think they are the fastest things ever because they got a loud noise.... thats not the case....

The sound those coffee cans are making is probably making you think its got more HP, Because it probably sounds like a monster, But it fact you are most likley losing HP...

Hope this helps. :2cent:

P.S. Folgers, Could you take a pic of your setup you got going on back there, Im just curious as to how it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually use a good breakfast blend for speed. But if I want maximum power, I use dark roast!!!!!:roflao:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wonder why honda did'nt try this out before:shrug:.

Why if you try aninstantcoffecan, that would make it real fast:roflmao:

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is another picture of the coffee cans!!!:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a picture of my Rancher going through mud without the cans. It even had power without them!!!:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is this what you mean?:ban:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because this mudhole is over 4 feet deep!!!:cry:

I've seen Bombardiers pulled from this one!!!:roflao:

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Rancher could never make it through this mudhole.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm moving through this one!:ban:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
in his dreams oh, by the waywhat are the little wheels on the board for wheelie bar .:roflao::roflao::roflao:.:lololol:.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts